joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 4 Winter Storm Threat

RubiksDestroyer

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One member gives Greensboro 17.5 inches. Take that out and it looks much more reasonable.

Yeah I wish these probabilities could take out outliers. If there's one monster central NC storm it makes sense why it jumped up for everyone and not just that the storm chances are getting better.

Most ARW SREF members show accumulating snow for GSO whole most NMB members show nothing.

I think the SREF probabilities just take the raw number of members showing >1" of snowfall divided by the total number of members, so I dont think they're susceptible to being skewed by outliers like the mean is.

If it dips any further south, it will be tapping into the gulf moisture!  Anyway, it looks like all of the models have moved away from the two areas of low/miller B thing that some were showing.

How's the UKMET look?

Yeah, looks like most of the modeling has moved towards a Miller A type system.  I'd have to think we'd be looking a lot better if we had more precip to work with (which would overcome the BL issues).  The UKMET is not out yet, but it should be out soon.  It was pretty far south last night and barely got any precip up in N NC.

Yeah, little NW NC special.  

Question is...are you going to stay awake to watch it fall.

Definitely... decent chance I am moving to a place where it does not snow this summer.  I need to soak up all the snow I can get in the meantime.

Yeah, looks like most of the modeling has moved towards a Miller A type system.  I'd have to think we'd be looking a lot better if we had more precip to work with (which would overcome the BL issues).  The UKMET is not out yet, but it should be out soon.  It was pretty far south last night and barely got any precip up in N NC.

Definitely... decent chance I am moving to a place where it does not snow this summer.  I need to soak up all the snow I can get in the meantime.

Sucks your moving, but you won't miss snow if it's nice weather in the winter.  

Yeah, looks like most of the modeling has moved towards a Miller A type system. I'd have to think we'd be looking a lot better if we had more precip to work with (which would overcome the BL issues). The UKMET is not out yet, but it should be out soon. It was pretty far south last night and barely got any precip up in N NC.

Definitely... decent chance I am moving to a place where it does not snow this summer. I need to soak up all the snow I can get in the meantime.

Waycross ?? :(

I'm assuming that there were no changes in the Euro???

About the same, it seems.  The BL is a little warm for us.  850s are okay. though somewhat borderline.  Probably mostly rain with some snow mixed in... around 0.4" QPF.  I wish the surface temps were better.  The surface low really wraps up around Cape Hatteras compared to some of the other modeling.

And my potential destination would be the Florida panhandle, so less snow than Waycross (I think statistically the area gets >1" of snow every 17 years).  :lol:  We'll see what happens with that, though.  I should know soon.

About the same, it seems.  The BL is a little warm for us.  850s are okay. though somewhat borderline.  Probably mostly rain with some snow mixed in... around 0.4" QPF.  I wish the surface temps were better.  The surface low really wraps up around Cape Hatteras compared to some of the other modeling.

And my potential destination would be the Florida panhandle, so less snow than Waycross (I think statistically the area gets >1" of snow every 17 years).  :lol:  We'll see what happens with that, though.  I should know soon.

You can pray for the 1899 storm.

This is looking better and better here in Marion. This might sneak up on some folks.

I think we're in for a nice finalie to winter. Looks like a few inches are a given for you and I, I'll be upgrading my winter grade to an A, before it's over. Well be at 175% above climo hopefully when it's all said an done.

I think we're in for a nice finalie to winter. Looks like a few inches are a given for you and I, I'll be upgrading my winter grade to an A, before it's over. Well be at 175% above climo hopefully when it's all said an done.

Agreed. A solid winter here for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing a few inches. Getting on a plane and heading to Orlando next week to spend the week watching some baseball and it's supposed to be mid 80s so I'll have time to thaw out then. It's been a fun one this winter for this area.

Archived