SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Signs of Spring - 2016 Version

JTA66

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really nothing outside (physically) hints Spring. And even though we've had warm temps lately it doesn't feel Spring-ish because of the wind and clouds. (like today...temp 59 / clouds / wind ...but doesn't feel like it / colder) I think when we "spring forward" on 3/13 and it's daylight till 7pm+ Spring will have arrived in my mind. 

There is some variety of forsythia around that I've seen in a couple places that generally flowers

in February and I see is in full flower now.

What I'll call "normal Forsythia" bloomed around April 10th or 15th here last year (I'd have to go back and look in last year's signs of spring thread). I believe average here should be around the 28th-30th of March. With the warmth next week I'm thinking March 22nd this year???

LOL!!!

Holy crud is that brutal...

Hope he wasn't serious with that post ‼

LOL!  Is any post with an 80s song "serious" onm a weather board?  You guys are funny....

With that being said it was a very popular pop song in the mid 80s.  Brutal as it may be today

Still have piles around my deck, but don't expect them to last past tomorrow.

The main snow pile here disappeared Monday the 29th of February.

Had a fly buzzing me earlier when I was moving some dirt - that didn't take long (for the flies to show up). White Magnolia has some buds that look ready to open up.

I was down at the flower show today. I remember when I got the tickets in mid-Feb thinking, "Yeah, March 9th, sure to be a chilly, dank, dreary, drizzly kind of day ... a good time of year to walk around inside the convention center." Nope!

We had a good time, but still ... it hurt a little knowing how nice the weather outside was!

Having thoughts of putting tomato plants in early this year.  What a season, hard to foresee more than a 20% chance of a frost occurring in late April or the month of May.  We started an early garden not so many years ago-can't recall if 2008 or 2011, and seems to me this season is warmer yet.   Staying a normal course of planting this year is giving me visions of plants burned up by mid July.

Having thoughts of putting tomato plants in early this year.  What a season, hard to foresee more than a 20% chance of a frost occurring in late April or the month of May.  We started an early garden not so many years ago-can't recall if 2008 or 2011, and seems to me this season is warmer yet.   Staying a normal course of planting this year is giving me visions of plants burned up by mid July.

I think it's risky to plant the tomato plants this early. while the weather looks warm for the next week, I wouldn't rule out a frost or freeze towards the end of the month. Long range seems like it may be a possibility that we see some below normal temps for a few days.

Archived