CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Possible winter storm March 1st-2nd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't buy the NAM as is, it randomly blows up a piece of vorticity ahead of the main trough that screws up the track for one thing, also not to mention it has horrendous run to run consistency. Lastly it is very weird with the precip plots random blotches here and there with no real rhyme or reason to them.

Sleet, and then somehow the best defo snows miss to the SE. LOL...I've been pretty calm in the horrendous winter but that would require a rant in the complaint thread.

I tried not to mention it (because I didn't think it would even be a plausible outcome), but the JMA actually showed something similar. 

Nam is prob best case for here in the end and id be very happy if the euro was something like that tonight and locks in. we were never in it for a 2 part sweet spot.. Just hope to have fun on the fronto was what we were hoping for all along after the euro ditched the big one. 

Nam is sweet looking to the east for the lucky ones in it.  Good mind games stuff these models are putting to us.

I wouldn't buy the NAM as is, it randomly blows up a piece of vorticity ahead of the main trough that screws up the track for one thing, also not to mention it has horrendous run to run consistency. Lastly it is very weird with the precip plots random blotches here and there with no real rhyme or reason to them.

Completely agree. 

^This

The 4km NAM is pretty messy for most.

It goes from Snow to Ice to Snow, but no significant amounts of either precip type for any one location.

EDIT: At least per the Kuchera method:

In the end this likely will probably be the outcome for most of us.

whoa, whose the few lucky ones down their in Indiana on the 4k

In the end this likely will probably be the outcome for most of us.

I think the snow bands will expand to include most everyone in the end.

If we can just get the frontogenesis snow and some synoptic snow will be golden. 4km NAM is as close as any model has gotten.

Liking where I sit.

Archived