• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Possible winter storm March 1st-2nd

Thundersnow12

There is risk of a northward shift if the ensembles are an indication.  I think part 2 being more of a mixy mess is not out of the question but don't know about rain.

i think puduewx did a nice job laying out why this should be stronger

i bet against the euro and lost last storm and i'm looking forward to doing it again

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's early, but at 21 the 18z NAM looks flatter with the wave over MT.

theme of this winter has been to tease us with a few rouge runs to only revert back to a miss.. I expect  no different from the gfs and nam this afternoon and 0z.

Nothing i can do about it but i hope if the main storm is a whiff south that round one is also a a total whiff.. don't want a salt/stat padder event at alllll.

theme of this winter has been to tease us with a few rouge runs to only revert back to a miss.. I expect  no different from the gfs and nam this afternoon and 0z.

Nothing i can do about it but i hope if the main storm is a whiff south that round one is also a a total whiff.. don't want a salt/stat padder event at alllll.

Meh, by 27 it looks more like a noise level change. Although I know the keep-a-way with the models you're describing.

You can say it at 36. It'll probably nudge north.

I'm using the ncep only so I'm always behind the rest of you with subscriptions Id imagine?  Or is there other outlets to get model output from a little faster for free?

edit: im still stuck at 30.. for about a half hr now it seems lol

I'm using the ncep only so I'm always behind the rest of you with subscriptions Id imagine?  Or is there other outlets to get model output from a little faster for free?

edit: im still stuck at 30.. for about a half hr now it seems lol

ewall's up to 42...if you can stand the crap graphics. There's also pivotwx which is pretty quick.

http://pivotalweather.com

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/WRF_18z/wrfloop.html

makes it even more challenging to figure out when the euro is not on board much at all with nam and gfs.. its not like we're really thattt far out either

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the NAM right now. It's not in its ok range yet.

The low jumping around MO and IA is goofy.

acckucherasnowmw.png

Archived