wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Possible winter storm March 1st-2nd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but will it be an ice storm watch?  This GFS run, with p-type algorithm, shows tons of ice for Toledo, Detroit, Buffalo, Toronto

5nYqxeq.gif

The EURO / GGEM are all snow though, so that must be considered.

And besides that, a Winter Storm Watch / Warning is certainly fair game if at least advisory criteria Snow accumulates in addition to the Ice.

still looks like a rainer

possible rainer in round one and miss south second. tough luck the last 2 systems  if it rains by you and up to geos i think that would bold well for the main low coming north..  lets get the waa snow up to green bay.. then maybe it will cut to se michigan.

nano sure if serious

looks like rain for MBY...mixing garbage fgen followed by a miss northwest

take it to the bank clock

There is risk of a northward shift if the ensembles are an indication.  I think part 2 being more of a mixy mess is not out of the question but don't know about rain.

Looks like the first storm ends up being the alpha.   Too bad.  Had it been weaker or more of a frontal wave, storm 2 would have had a better environment  to play and deepen and would have had a better chance of being a widespread threat for a larger part of the sub.   

As it stands now, yet another garbage storm with a narrow strip of low end warning paste for a few 'lucky' folk to my north....followed by a whiff south.

The trash factor of the 2015-16 winter storm season has been amazingly consistent to the bitter end.   At least I can smell the end, and it smells like  :sun::sizzle:

These late winter system with a departing el Nino can be strong, so I wouldn't be surprised if more snow starting showing up on future runs. Sure this could turn out to be a dud, but climatologically speaking this is the time for big synoptic systems.

Archived