• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Possible winter storm March 1st-2nd

Thundersnow12

New HRW-NNM really hammers the northern tier of counties of IL tomorrow night with that east/west band of snow.  Deposits over an inch of qpf in a narrow zone.  Geos points west towards Rockford buried.

EDIT:  I'm thinking Dubuque to Kenosha/Geos gets 8"+ easily at this point.  

The new HRW-ARW is pretty similar. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just looking at the GGEM and it has converging winds right over me tomorrow evening at 850 mb. Will have to take a peak at those maps.

Most guidance shows upper 20s here tomorrow night. 2-6" in my grid now.

EURO is rolling.

You're already almost 20" ahead of us at this point.  Good chance you'll be over 30" ahead of us by Wed. :lmao:

Amazing how different the climo is up there compared to down here.  

I would too, but given their history (the last storm notwithstanding), I wouldn't put it past them to err on the side of caution and hold off on issuing any headlines until after the 12z runs. 

Nah not for watches, there is enough consensus of a potential for 6"+ snowfall for SEMI to issue a watch.

Low travels just north of I-70 across MO.

Would add all the northern tier counties in a watch.

Low over EVV at 42 hours.

Probably not Cook, sadly. Its okay im on the border of Lake and Cook Co., ill dream like im in Lake County. I can already feel it. The band is going to miss us to the north and im gonna be sitting at home watching the death band drop loads of snow on you :'(

Euro is pretty much a whiff to the north of the QCA.  Does show that nice east/west band along the IL/WI border, but not quite as much qpf as some of the higher res models.  Don't think it could pick up that feature as well as the higher res models, so it's probably underdone there.

Based on tonight's guidance I'll make the final call for here.  Early call of 1-2" is too high.  Gonna go with 0.0-0.6" snow, with 0.05-0.15" of rain/mix for here/QC.

Nah not for watches, there is enough consensus of a potential for 6"+ snowfall for SEMI to issue a watch.

Yeah, given the NAM / GFS / UKMET / EURO consensus, I highly doubt they're issuing watches now (at least not anything before the 12z runs).

At best, they may do so for the areas where the frontogenesis band is expected to set up. Even that's a maybe. 

Ahhh nice. Yeah Euro totals probably overdone but basic consensus is for the f-gen band to set up by IL/WI border. So basically nothing for N Cook and points south

Well about 4" for you.

Seems like that is a north shift with that band compared to 12z?

post-7389-0-63901200-1456726903_thumb.pn

The EURO is right in between the GGEM and GFS now. 25 mile shift north.

Yeah, given the NAM / GFS / UKMET / EURO consensus, I highly doubt they're issuing watches now (at least not anything before the 12z runs).

At best, they may do so for the areas where the frontogenesis band is expected to set up. Even that's a maybe. 

I wouldn't consider the Euro part of the consensus, it is on the far SE end of the envelope.

Bring on the death band. Hope it sets up like the one did in November. She was a beaut!

Chance of a death band: likely

With 0.55" of moisture here, 0.5" for you and temps in the 20s for this event we could be seeing those 8" totals Cyclone was mentioning.

Archived