Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-25 PART II

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  131 PM CST WED FEB 24 2016     .TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON     .DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                ..REMARKS..    1256 PM     HEAVY SNOW       CROWN POINT             41.42N 87.36W   02/24/2016  M7.0 INCH        LAKE               IN   BROADCAST MEDIA                 RELAYED PUBLIC REPORT FROM RURAL CROWN POINT.   

Looks like the over on 8" for you was a good call.

Glad to see this didn't end up being a total shutout to those on the NW fringe. Still should have some crazy gradients.

Should be able to get something measurable out of this. Snow is starting to come in waves, as saturation completes. Pretty cool to see when you're looking off in the distance.

Going to be up in Auburn Hills in a couple of hours for the Pistons game tonight. Will be interesting to see the difference in 30 miles or so. Looks like PTK has stayed snow all day and has stuck below freezing. Mt. Oakland never fails.

If track is an issue, its one thing, but when its not...there is never a doubt about the hills of oakland. Thats why i smh when anyone up there worries about busting.

If track is an issue, its one thing, but when its not...there is never a doubt about the hills of oakland. Thats why i smh when anyone up there worries about busting.

Definitely. I mean, they're sitting at 31 degrees while places in Indiana and the Chicago area are solidly a degree or two above freezing in the blizzard warning. That extra 300-400 feet of elevation is hard to beat.

Definitely. I mean, they're sitting at 31 degrees while places in Indiana and the Chicago area are solidly a degree or two above freezing in the blizzard warning. That extra 300-400 feet of elevation is hard to beat.

I'm not on any mountains here, and I havent hit freezing yet. I do see your point though,I just don't know how much it helped today.

Archived