joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 14-17th Clipper Systems

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disagree. I like how it mentioned the factors in play.

I know it's taboo to call out Izzi here. Best write ups I see at LOT these days are by a guy named RC. I just don't think you can say," it could be less, or it could be more". Trends are clearly toward the lower end of guidance. Own it.

I know it's taboo to call out Izzi here. Best write ups I see at LOT these days are by a guy named RC. I just don't think you can say," it could be less, or it could be more". Trends are clearly toward the lower end of guidance. Own it.

RC on the forums lol. 

You have a point, but to be fair, he isn't ignoring the mid-level lapse rates which would definitely lead to higher lollis due to mesoscale banding in some areas. Gino is a fantastic forecaster and fair play to him for taking everything into consideration. 

RC on the forums lol.

You have a point, but to be fair, he isn't ignoring the mid-level lapse rates which would definitely lead to higher lollis due to mesoscale banding in some areas. Gino is a fantastic forecaster and fair play to him for taking everything into consideration.

Would never question his forecast ability as an amateur (idiot). Questioned the point of the discussion. The good news is I spurred a post from an infrequent Illinois poster which is always good.

00z guidance a little drier for the QCA now.  Dropped another 0.05" or so of qpf.  After being too dry the Euro bumped up this morning, and the NCEP guidance adjusted down.  Looks like they've sort of met in the middle to a consensus of around 0.2-0.25".  Given the expected 15:1 type LSRs we should be good for about 3" of fluff.  Kind of disappointed that the 4-5" potential has **** the bed, but if we get 3" of snow that will be a huge deal around these parts considering how asinine the snow has been since turkey day.

With both waves of the NAM, NE and NC Iowa do quite well.

acckucherasnowmw.png

Snowing in western IL now under that band.

RGEM showing more moisture near I-80.

accqpfmw.png

I'm riding the forecast that was put out earlier today. No reason to change now. Banding always gives surprises.

Cyclone you're getting over 4" - bank on it. :snowing:

00z guidance a little drier for the QCA now.  Dropped another 0.05" or so of qpf.  After being too dry the Euro bumped up this morning, and the NCEP guidance adjusted down.  Looks like they've sort of met in the middle to a consensus of around 0.2-0.25".  Given the expected 15:1 type LSRs we should be good for about 3" of fluff.  Kind of disappointed that the 4-5" potential has **** the bed, but if we get 3" of snow that will be a huge deal around these parts considering how asinine the snow has been since turkey day.

You'll get your 4-5. Be glass half full vs. half empty.

Yeah, it's been a gradual drawdown around here by the original wet models over the last 24 hours.  3 inches may be what I have to hope for at this point.  It would be a big disappointment if we fall short of that.

Keep your fingers crossed the NAM is right about moisture. Widespread 0.25-0.3" of moisture in eastern Iowa.

accqpfmw.png

4km NAM is generous as well.

I have to say something is up with the snowfall maps for the 4km NAM. Showing ~0.15" of moisture by no snow.

accqpfmw.png

Archived