joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Big Dog Snow Event February 15th

Stovepipe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should get one of those 0.0 stickers like the 13.1 or 26.2 marathon ones.

I love the idea! Hey if we can't get any snow, might as well make fun of our situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Nothing to do now but laugh.

Hope you guys get something in Knox. Really weird. The moisture is leaping right over you and building back up around Morristown and Greene County. Downsloping?

I've noticed we are below the temps predicted on HRRR. I think 1234snow pointed this out earlier. Supposed to be 28 now and still sitting at 25. I wonder how long we can hold out. I've noticed the winds here are not of the NW now. They were out of the SW earlier today. Cold air winning?

Well that escalated quickly.

Went to fatz to eat around 3 and when I got out it was snowing a little bit not bad. Decided to go to the new Walmart and get some stuff was in there 30 minutes came out and it was a winter wonderland. All the roads was covered in Kingsport and Weber City. Driving on it wasn't too bad.

Then I got to the driveway and it has like an inch on it. I get to the curve and start going up and no beuno. Started sliding back down and about got stuck in ditch. I get out to get the shovel and fall walking up driveway. I got the shovel and made a path around the crv. Then I fell again and really busted my ass hard. I made it though.

Temp plummeted to 23.

Hope you guys get something in Knox. Really weird. The moisture is leaping right over you and building back up around Morristown and Greene County. Downsloping?

I've noticed we are below the temps predicted on HRRR. I think 1234snow pointed this out earlier. Supposed to be 28 now and still sitting at 25. I wonder how long we can hold out. I've noticed the winds here are not of the NW now. They were out of the SW earlier today. Cold air winning?

Dry air in the valley is almost impossible to erode when you have downsloping working against you.

For those folks in NETN the HRRR has come back south with the precip shield this evening. It did bust pretty good on temps this afternoon. It had it being 33 at KTRI at 6 pm and currently it is 23 here.

Yeah major bust on temps. Makes me wonder when we do actually get above freezing. Sun is down and a solid snowpack here.

Is this pretty much the end for NETN? Maybe a lot is supposed to fill in back from West TN but it looks like it's about all gone. Of course like I said in my initial post I am pretty ignorant for the most part and just read what you guys say. I will say that here in Limestone I've gotten about 2 inches, maybe a smidge more now. From what I have gathered reading other posts this initial front end snow "thump" would have helped the moisture coming in later possibly remain snowfall longer. However just from my ignorance and what I see on the maps it doesn't look like we will get much more unless there's a lot more moisture that just pops up. 

Archived