joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Big Dog Snow Event February 15th

Stovepipe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still concerned about the way the precip is moving in. Yes the front edge might be streaking southeast but the other side is moving on a northeast component. I was hoping for the hole around Nashville to fill in but it hasn't yet.

Yeah the snow hole could hurt.  Allow slow rise in temps and allow dewpoints to start balancing before the precip moves back in later, after the snow hole passes.  Though on the plus side I still have single digit dewpoint and winds still blowing out of the NE.

As others have noted--and I also just noticed--the radar isn't showing some of the stuff falling in east TN.  I just walked outside to see very fine snow falling, or more like graupel or sleet.  I could actually hear it hitting the ground. Enough has fallen to put a fine coating down on the car windshield. 

As others have noted--and I also just noticed--the radar isn't showing some of the stuff falling in east TN.  I just walked outside to see very fine snow falling, or more like graupel or sleet.  I could actually hear it hitting the ground. Enough has fallen to put a fine coating down on the car windshield.

Yeah while light, it is sticking. Got a tiny bit on the cars and deck. You can hear it hear as well. Also, it seems the light moisture is helping keep temps down here. Was at 26, now at 24.

Archived