• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential Big Dog Snow Event February 15th

Stovepipe

I'm very surprised at those ending snow times 12z is at 7, 15z at 10 and possibly 17z at a noon. They must be throwing the models to the side and nowcasting.

Carvers I find it very interesting that we end up with nearly the same totals. We have a very similar climate. I have 3 inches on the driveway and 3.5 in the grass.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very surprised at those ending snow times 12z is at 7, 15z at 10 and possibly 17z at a noon. They must be throwing the models to the side and nowcasting.

Carvers I find it very interesting that we end up with nearly the same totals. We have a very similar climate. I have 3 inches on the driveway and 3.5 in the grass.

At the very least, folks know we are telling the truth. LOL. Round two arriving soon.

Well the NAM initialized with the precip wrong (not showing what we see moving across the plateau now), but has freezing surface for east TN and upper Cumberland through 6z.  850s warm for everyone but John.  By 9z a finger of warmer surface temps is working its way up to the central valley.

Well the NAM initialized with the precip wrong (not showing what we see moving across the plateau now), but has freezing surface for east TN and upper Cumberland through 6z. 850s warm for everyone but John. By 9z a finger of warmer surface temps is working its way up to the central valley.

That's later than previous runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully the warm air can hold off for you guys. The temp on my weather station has jumped from 33* to 42* in the last hour. We never saw the first drop of rain today. 

As you were posting that, I had just noticed the observation from Chattanooga.  Quite the jump in temperature in one hour!

I will too... I'm southwest of Knox in the Valley by about 40 miles as the crow files and 26 still with a NE wind.

25.1 here about 6 miles northeast of Sevierville.  Again, I see the moon out, and the temp has slowly been dropping from the high of 26.4.  Didn't even get close to the forecasted high in the 30s. 

Archived