Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Potential Big Dog Snow Event February 15th

Stovepipe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25.1 here about 6 miles northeast of Sevierville.  Again, I see the moon out, and the temp has slowly been dropping from the high of 26.4.  Didn't even get close to the forecasted high in the 30s. 

My pinpoint high today was supposed to be 34, my actual was 28.  My forecast low for tonight was 31, there is no way that is going to be correct with 2 hours before midnight.  Temps have busted big time.

Well, after reading MRX's discussion stating the break would be short-lived, I was hoping to see some action by now.  But the precipitation is in no hurry to return to the south.  Guess, I'm calling it a night.  At this point, not sure what sort of winter precip, if any, I'll get.

MRX now saying ZR here before 2am then snow til 4am, then rain and snow until all rain by 7am. 33 degrees by 4am. We'll see. At this point I'd settle for just being able to go into work late. Have a nice late breakfast then waltz in around noon.

Reading that made my head hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That glob coming off the plateau toward W. Knox is sleet and freezing rain mixed.  Also just looked at OBS, chatt is up to 41.  That amazes me i'm 70 miles north of Chatt across that distance 26 here 15 degree difference across 70 miles with very little elevation difference.  Also Crossville is at 37 degrees and as the crow flies thats only about 25 miles away from me.  Amazing what happens when cold gets trapped in the central valley.

NWS changed my forecast to 1-2" of sleet. LOL... I'd love to see 2" of sleet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 inches of sleet would be friggin awesome!  I'm a 30 minute drive from you (southwest knox) and they are giving me a period of snow?  I hope I stay mostly sleet but figure it'll be a sloppy mix.

Archived