joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The AnaFront/Coastal Storm Disco 02/05/16

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GEFS made a pretty sizable shift NW -- looks like about half the members get the .1" line to BOS or further NW.

A half inch of snow with ground temps above 32F. I can't think of a worse event.

Considering the lack of snowfalls we've seen this winter so far, I'll take a day of mood flakes and wintry appeal with a heavy coating(Although I'm much more interested in this for what I think it could become(A 1-3/3-5 type of deal at least here) rather than what it is currently)

Most kissed this OTS but it's always been prudent in my mind to watch given the season so far. Even if it's 1-3 or 2-4 or whatever. Appears like we have 10-14 days of winter upcoming before flip back to warmth, so let's maximize what we can

Its still NBD in my mind, but you are correct in that it most certainly warrants a thread.

I dunno, these things can vanish last minute. I'd definitely be cautious.

I've been gung ho on this since the beginning here, but I definitely wouldn't put out a forecast to the public right now that had anything more than some flurries/shsn unless I was out on the cape. Low probability of something more and it's a fun thing to watch/track regardless of anything happens, so any snow that I do get is a bonus.

Updated NAM images. I'm much more intrigued by the shift that it made  and the fact that another small shift brings the higher totals into BOS-PVD corridor where temps look to support snow verbatim, especially with heavier precip than I am the actual totals, which are meh for pretty much everyone.

total_18z_nam.gif

total_nam.gif

Archived