• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The AnaFront/Coastal Storm Disco 02/05/16

Damage In Tolland

I've actually presented my reasons why this should come west and it has. This absolutely should get snow back to at least BDl if not west of there. You all along have said OTS.

We'll see what the 12z suit does

Yes. Majority of this except for far SE MA is out to sea. I don't count mood flakes as a hit. Sorry. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you say snow back to BDL, I'm assuming you mean 1-3"/2-4" river-east like you originally kept saying and not just flakes.

Because some flakes in the air don't really count as far as I'm concerned. At least if we were to "take this event seriously" like you were saying on the first couple pages of this thread.

Places like PYM to EWB may get something...there's still a realistic chance of >2" there.

What I envision is like 1-2 maybe 3 from around the Ct river valley east and I can see 3-5 inch amounts from N Ri to Foxboro and a few sloppy inches around BOS

That's what guidance consensus has as of now including ensembles

What I envision is like 1-2 maybe 3 from around the Ct river valley east and I can see 3-5 inch amounts from N Ri to Foxboro and a few sloppy inches around BOS

That's what guidance consensus has as of now including ensembles

I think you are misrepresenting what consensus guidance has. Euro ensembles were fairly decent with perhaps an inch of snow back to the river assuming the temps were cold enough...but we're getting pretty close to the event to be using them.

Most of the guidance has no accumulating snow west of BOS-PVD line.

I think the Rev gets measurable.

Let them go. They will never acknowledge the fact that if this happens that it was a good job forecasting. They both wrote it off OTS. Now it appears a few inches back into western areas is at least a possibility with more to the east. Let's see how the rest of the suite looks

Oh I agree with this.  But we know a ground whitener is all it takes to fire up the bus. 

If he gets more than 2", he can do naked high 5s all he wants.  It's a strong s/w with good jet dynamics, but this has all the makings of a good outer edge band with exhaust immediately behind it from downward circulation around strong frontogenesis. I'm just not sold he gets the goods.

Oh I agree with this.  But we know a ground whitener is all it takes to fire up the bus. 

A slushy coating I was never really arguing against with him (regardless of whether he wants to lower expectations to that)...it was his original posts of advisory type snowfalls back into central areas of SNE.

And despite his constant blustering about "calling" the event, I'll give kudos if we end up with accumulating snow >2" back into ORH-HFD corridor. But if this ends up as a small stripe of 2-4" in SE MA with a slushy coating NW of that, then it will be just be AWT.

Archived