• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2016 Forecasts/Disco/Obs

snowman19

At the same time though it now appears the Euro is gonna go down in flames Monday, it caved today to the GFS and CMC on the NNE snow event that it showed no semblance of til then. It definitely has ran hot and cold

At the same time - doesn't the GFS handle northern stream features better then southern stream ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the same time though it now appears the Euro is gonna go down in flames Monday, it caved today to the GFS and CMC on the NNE snow event that it showed no semblance of til then. It definitely has ran hot and cold

People only see what they want to see. They will flock to whatever models show the most desirable outcome. The same people promoting that the Euro scores the best will be the same ones bashing it when it shows rain lol.

Not taking any model runs seriously at this point in time, especially with solution divergence and no real consensus. We are a week out and things will change. Model runs are interesting to see and I mentality note them, but that is it. I will wait until the weekend at the earliest to either get excited or sound the bell for the snow funeral.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The JMA was just to add to the potential of a storm. Who can tell anything else based on those graphics?

Well if you just took one more step and checked the 850s you would have seen it was snow .

However we told everyone here today when the higher skill score models showed a snowstorm to take with a grain of salt.

The number 3 model is showing rain and you are jumping all over it like it's a 3 day forecast.

You are missing the vortex through the lakes which is modeled stronger on the Euro , PARA ,EPS and the UKMET ( and the JMA) .

The WAR is weaker on all of the above and there is HP draped over the top.

The better skill score models are not on the rain train and my advice to you is get off .

Well if you just took one more step and checked the 850s you would have seen it was snow .

However we told everyone here today when the higher skill score models showed a snowstorm to take with a grain of salt.

The number 3 model is showing rain and you are jumping all over it like it's a 3 day forecast.

You are missing the vortex through the lakes which is modeled stronger on the Euro , PARA ,EPS and the UKMET ( and the JMA) .

The WAR is weaker on all of the above and there is HP draped over the top.

The better skill score models are not on the rain train and my advice to you is get off .

You're really bastardizing the intent of that that post which simply said storm threat and nothing more.

I don't agree with yanks that often lol... But in his defense, he hasn't really said he's calling this as a rain storm, he's just reporting what the model showed.. We ALL want snow, idc what yanks admits to but he wants it to

I don't agree with the model hugging that takes place every time one major model shows snow and the other shows rain. People love to dismiss undesirable outcomes. I can remember plenty of people tossing the Euro recently. Let's also not forget how bad it was with the blizzard last year.

I don't agree with the model hugging that takes place every time one major model shows snow and the other shows rain. People love to dismiss undesirable outcomes. I can remember plenty of people tossing the Euro recently. Let's also not forget how bad it was with the blizzard last year.

Can you explain why you think the euro is wrong in what it is showing?

Can you explain why you think the euro is wrong in what it is showing?

It could be the typical Euro bias of holding too much energy back. For the record, I never said the Euro was wrong or the GFS was correct. I said I didn't like how quickly people dismiss the model that doesn't show snow.

It could be the typical Euro bias of holding too much energy back. For the record, I never said the Euro was wrong or the GFS was correct. I said I didn't like how quickly people dismiss the model that doesn't show snow.

I stated yesterday and maintain today that I would like to be just N and W of the city for this one .

Now that could always change and being 7 days out I cant say for sure exactly who gets what. ...

This may end up a bit unfavorable for me in Colts Neck or for those up on the NS of LI relative to the LHV but I did not dismiss it because I'm not the JP I am saying it doesn't look like a rain storm to me.

Well said...also I don't recall a 5-7 day threat being discussed so vociferously. I mean weenie maps have been posted...even yesterday. You guys really must want this one. Odd since the event Monday which did some icing damage was barely discussed

Archived