joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bingo... you are east of me but similar parallel - I think right now we went from 8-12 as of 24 hrs ago or so, to a solid 12-18.

I think I am basically along the same line as you, in extreme lower Manhattan (I'm about a quarter mile north of Battery Park).  Hopefully we can get some good winds to kick up off the water too.

Most of the guidance is printing out 2 inches of liquid in CNJ.

There's a chance away from the wind these areas go 12 to 1 with those 850s and upward motion.

EPS /GFS are all 1.25 in NYC/LI so 12 to 15 looks possible.

What a roller coaster of emotions involved with following the guidance over the past week. I have shaved 3 years off my life.

Right?  Already snowing heavily down in Staunton, VA.  You are totally right, should've gone down (I would've if I could've).  They are gonna get smoked.

12Z NAM Cobb Snow Algorithm for LGA  is up from 29"  to  33".     For 6 runs, from 20"-45" have shown up with this system.   Ratio is 12:1 and 2.64".   GFS by this method has never come close to agreeing with these prodigious NAM outputs.   Right now (06Z)  is about 10".

12Z NAM Cobb Snow Algorithm for LGA is up from 29" to 33". For 6 runs, from 20"-45" have shown up with this system. Ratio is 12:1 and 2.64". GFS by this method has never come close to agreeing with these prodigious NAM outputs. Right now (06Z) is about 10".

Were up to 12z . You talking about gfs or nam?

Cmc ticked north , looks to be a foot in NYC...excellent trends today.

That's an important one actually, if south would have been a bad sign. Need any reliable south model to be countered by a reliable north haha...I've still not given up on the NAM and I never will until they decommission it.

Right?  Already snowing heavily down in Staunton, VA.  You are totally right, should've gone down (I would've if I could've).  They are gonna get smoked.

I think there is going to be a large area of over 20 inches . This will rate really high on the scale if this can drive into SNE.

Archived