joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm Obs 1/22-23

Mr Bob

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have picked up about an inch here this evening. If I can get one more, it'll be on the low end, but the original numbers that MRX had me in at the beginning of yesterday. Radar still shows some ok returns, but it is looking rather ragged. I wish it would fill in, but I'm just not sure that's in the cards with this one. I can't complain, as I still had close to 2in of slop in the yard. This has firmed that up, and closed in the gaps again, making it nice looking again. This storm definitely performed for the Midstate. Happy for you guys over there. Hate it for the W TN guys around Memphis, but maybe you'll get yours before the winter is up.

What's your daily total ?

I had 3 inches from the Wednesday storm. About half of that melted yesterday. After the snow thump early this morning I had around 7-7.5 on the ground. Now after this evenings snow I have an average base of around 9. So I've had around 1.5 this evening. I thought it was closer to 2 when I measured on the deck but I think I got some of the earlier snow. So I would say today's total was 7.5 inches. I had 6 this morning and around 1.5 this evening so far.

I'm not sure how much of it melted today because we had some sun for a lot of the day.

I had 3 inches from the Wednesday storm. About half of that melted yesterday. After the snow thump early this morning I had around 7-7.5 on the ground. Now after this evenings snow I have an average base of around 9. So I've had around 1.5 this evening. I thought it was closer to 2 when I measured on the deck but I think I got some of the earlier snow. So I would say today's total was 7.5 inches. I had 6 this morning and around 1.5 this evening so far.

I'm not sure how much of it melted today because we had some sun for a lot of the day.

Wow! We only got a half inch of mix this morning. That warm nose along with downsloping ene off high knob really hurt Lee county this morning.  We got almost 5 from the Wednesday storm. 3" total this storm so far. We didn't have any sun today though.

Wow! We only got a half inch of mix this morning. That warm nose along with downsloping ene off high knob really hurt Lee county this morning. We got almost 5 from the Wednesday storm. 3" total this storm so far. We didn't have any sun today though.

This morning was wild. We had freezing rain and sleet for 3 hours and then the wall of snow hit and it snowed really hard for another 3 hours. Channel 11 had an accumulation map and the totals went down drastically across the state line. Duffield looked like they didn't get much either as well as Lee County. That is very unusual. Normally y'all get plastered. We got very lucky this morning. It was close.

Snow is finally tapering off and I finished with a little over 12.5 inches. Very impressed and did not expect near this much.c251c62cf3b44243cab8bb32fe371e52.jpga82074feb249c84def9df9deed71f9e8.jpg92e7cba079e12c01e2fd49f33cd6e649.jpg803a93200ab642a8ede76852d13756d7.jpgbf9f4e9dea10b8f77a95f53fe8b946c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea it was a great storm for our region; I would like to say I would be satisfied if we didnt get anymore this year, but I can't! I think I need to move to one of the lake effect snow regions  :)

Archived