• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm Obs 1/22-23

Mr Bob

Well to be fair, we got our daytime snow earlier in the week.  :)  I plan on spending plenty of time outside tonight under my deck with a beer in one hand and an LED flashlight in the other.

:guitar:

Ha!  I hear ya.  A buddy just stopped by with some Jägermeister, so I guess we'll be doing a shot or two while seeing what the security light is illuminating.  Here's to seeing something.  :beer:

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well to be fair, we got our daytime snow earlier in the week.  :)  I plan on spending plenty of time outside tonight under my deck with a beer in one hand and an LED flashlight in the other.

:guitar:

Ha ha...  That is so funny.  Every since I was a kid if there was snow forecast I would almost literally stand outside late into the night to watch.  Most of my family never understood my obsession with the weather especially winter weather. 

In 5 minutes the switch occurred.  The ping of sleet stopped, and the snow is falling in huge plops. 

Same thing here.  Sleeted for a short time then over to snow.  There is still a lot of moisture upstream to the NW which is how our flow should orient overnight.  Should see long duration light snow event with moments of heavier snow off an on I would expect.

Same thing here.  Sleeted for a short time then over to snow.  There is still a lot of moisture upstream to the NW which is how our flow should orient overnight.  Should see long duration light snow event with moments of heavier snow off an on I would expect.

Yes, I noticed the strength of the radar returns aren't crazy impressive as earlier, but they are also in no hurry to move out.  Looks like an all night light snow. 

My snow cake is getting bigger and bigger. Might be close to 13 inches as it hasn't stopped snowing all day and I measured 12 about 4 hours ago.13d83180b24b8edaa4ac91c5f006b1d7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still snowing here too in Cottontown, hard to tell how much we have anymore with the wind; not sure when last time was that I saw so much snow, I am betting it was as a kid in the 1970's

Archived