• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm Obs 1/22-23

Mr Bob

Wow, what a week of Winter. Sunday had a thick dusting (.25 inches) as an appetizer, then the arctic air on Monday, followed by the midweek storm which brought me 5 inches, then this past storm which netted me another 5.5-6 inches. Really difficult to measure what we ended up with from the last storm due to previous snow. Measured 9 to 10 inches in spots (combined from previous storm).

Also, the Mets turned out to be right! Kudos to them as the snow amount ended up being what they initially predicted here. I know it was extremely difficult to forecast but they did well here for the most part. It snowed all day yesterday (nearly 12 hours) and was extremely fluffy flakes! Looked like cotton or that fake snow you buy in stores. Nearly up to seasonal average for snow fall now. That's all I ever real ask for from Winter. Amazing what a week can do. This week will go down in the books as great week of Winter for the TN Valley!

Also, congrats to those in the middle of the state! About time you guys got mauled!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Satellite image shows the winners and people who missed out in the valley. Surprised Jackson is snowless. They had snow obs for hours on end.

We was fairly close to getting the shaft as Murfreesboro just to our east got the shaft,took them for ever to change over.Finally some system worked out for us.

Check out these snow totals...Found this on WxSouth's FB page. Tennessee made the list.

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discussions/nfdscc2.html

Look at all the states affected. In my mind this really rivaled the Blizzard of 96 in a lot of the Seaboard cities. It wouldn't surprise me if this storm was a Cat 5 on the NESIS scale. It might fall right behind the 96 and 93 storms.

Archived