joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended with a total of 4.6" here. Or 3" more than my previous high this winter! Had a little over an inch yesterday, so a 2 day total of close to 6". Kids had their first snow day of the year today too. April ftw.

I took a short video in my yard this morning and posted it to Twitter and it got picked up by ABC7 and played on air! Unfortunately I was working at the time.

I have seen very little guidance to suggest LI jackpot. If anything they get dry slotted. Most has a swath of snow running through CT into the HV

IMO the only people with a legit shot of accumulating snow is you guys up around i84 and northward.

Saw a bald eagle fly over my yard before. I believe there were two but I couldn't confirm the second bird. That was the first time I've seen one here, although I know they are around, and the first time I heard one. That's what caught my attention was the screeches.

The screech is an intimidating sound...saw one near hook mountain one day on a hike. The way that sound traveled was impressive.

Most intimidating sound ive ever heard was at the space farms zoo in nj. Panther growl could be felt and heard like 1/2 mile away.

The screech is an intimidating sound...saw one near hook mountain one day on a hike. The way that sound traveled was impressive.

Most intimidating sound ive ever heard was at the space farms zoo in nj. Panther growl could be felt and heard like 1/2 mile away.

Can't say that I've heard a panther. The first time I heard the coyotes here got me too.

Saw a bald eagle fly over my yard before. I believe there were two but I couldn't confirm the second bird. That was the first time I've seen one here, although I know they are around, and the first time I heard one. That's what caught my attention was the screeches.

I know we have a few confirmed nest over near Port Jervis. If you hang out on Greenville Mtn long enough you will spot a few.

Can't say that I've heard a panther. The first time I heard the coyotes here got me too.

We had a few Coyotes on my street last night. A few of my neighbors were talking about it this morning

Our town put out a memo recently to beware of Coyotes, saying there have been spottings around here. I've personally never seen one.

they are all over and have had numerous ones on my trail cam. my trail cam is at my parents house a few blocks from me  and they are close to main street

they are all over and have had numerous ones on my trail cam. my trail cam is at my parents house a few blocks from me  and they are close to main street

Yeah, I've heard there have been sightings down that way. I'm sure they're over here too, I can't see how they're not with all the woods.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived