joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWA posted....

* Hazard types...Snow.

* Snow accumulations...3 to 6 inches in Valley areas...And 4 to 8 inches across higher elevations.

* Timing...Snow develops Shortly after Midnight tonight. Periods of Snow...Some moderate in intensity...Continues through Monday before tapering off in the late afternoon. Some Rain or sleet could Mix in during Monday across portions of the Mid Hudson Valley and Southern Litchfield County.

* Impacts...Snow will Lead to reduced visibilities and Snow covered and slippery Roads...With the greatest impacts Likely for the Monday morning commute.

* Winds...North to Northeast at 10 to 20 mph.

* Temperatures...Starting into the 20s tonight...Then Rising into the lower to Mid 30s on Monday...Except near 40 across the Mid Hudson Valley.

* Visibilities...Occasionally below One Mile.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

WWA posted....

* Hazard types...Snow.

* Snow accumulations...3 to 6 inches in Valley areas...And 4 to 8 inches across higher elevations.

* Timing...Snow develops Shortly after Midnight tonight. Periods of Snow...Some moderate in intensity...Continues through Monday before tapering off in the late afternoon. Some Rain or sleet could Mix in during Monday across portions of the Mid Hudson Valley and Southern Litchfield County.

* Impacts...Snow will Lead to reduced visibilities and Snow covered and slippery Roads...With the greatest impacts Likely for the Monday morning commute.

* Winds...North to Northeast at 10 to 20 mph.

* Temperatures...Starting into the 20s tonight...Then Rising into the lower to Mid 30s on Monday...Except near 40 across the Mid Hudson Valley.

* Visibilities...Occasionally below One Mile.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

Yeah I just noticed it myself... Upton is leaning toward 1-3" for its most northern zones.

My guess would be 2-3" north of 84 for O.C

Yeah I just noticed it myself... Upton is leaning toward 1-3" for its most northern zones.

My guess would be 2-3" north of 84 for O.C

Yea I'm going with 2-3 for myself and I'm about 20 miles north of 84 in Ulster, someone in my county in the NW region and higher elevations is gonna jackpot with 8"

Yea I'm going with 2-3 for myself and I'm about 20 miles north of 84 in Ulster, someone in my county in the NW region and higher elevations is gonna jackpot with 8"

That would be incredible. 8 inch snow in April for an area that got so little all Winter.

The greatest April snowfall I ever witnessed was 18 inches on two occasions : April 6,1982 in Worcester, MA and April 28, 1987 also in Worcester. The 1987 one was incredible for that late and was limited to elevations and over performed big time. It was sunny and 80 a week later in early May and boy I have never seen that much snow melt so quickly as much as that did. I think it was all gone, including piles, in two days with temps in the 60s and 70s. .

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

lol.. everyone in the north east did terrible. Only place that went above average is coastal NJ, NYC, LI prob 5% of the entire north east.

April might end up better than March in a lot of places. I only had an inch here last month, so anything is possible.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived