joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I woke up there was nothing on the street, 2 1/2" on grass and makeshift snowboard and over 4" on the cars.  Then the sun came out and a bunch of snow disappeared in a hurry from branches and such then about 15 minutes ago it started dumping again and the wind kicked up.  We've put down another half inch at least and it's still coming down hard.

Good for you and you're lucky. Very gusty here. 3" on the board is impressive, grass measurements will inflate totals even more than normal this late in the season.

Yeah, a grass measurement would suggest a total closer to 5". That said, it being Sunday, most people didn't wake up until after a couple hours of melting so it probably balances out. :)

Very pretty scene this morning, and it's still quite chilly out. It would feel like a deep winter morning if not for (forgive me) the sun angle.

Yeah, a grass measurement would suggest a total closer to 5". That said, it being Sunday, most people didn't wake up until after a couple hours of melting so it probably balances out. :)

Very pretty scene this morning, and it's still quite chilly out. It would feel like a deep winter morning if not for (forgive me) the sun angle.

True. I took a measurement near some onion grass that had popped up, 5.7" there, LOL.

I think this clipper goes further south than modeled and the heavier snow gets into Poughkeepsie

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wishful thinking? I hope your right. I'm actually hoping for further south into eastern Orange County. Would like to add to my snowpack tonight.

I give this spring an A+ so far after an F- winter.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived