Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty terrible when this is the snowiest model we have

SN_000-084_0000.gif

And even the GGEM gets the mixing line very close

Looks to me like 3-4cm liquid eq right?  Even a late season storm with marginal cold air that could end up 8"+.  Heck I've got leaves popping on the trees here and that amount of snow has the potential to create a minor disaster with all above ground powerlines.

Looks to me like 3-4cm liquid eq right?  Even a late season storm with marginal cold air that could end up 8"+.  Heck I've got leaves popping on the trees here and that amount of snow has the potential to create a minor disaster with all above ground powerlines.

The problem is that the GGEM is the snowiest solution that currently exists, and scores poorly.

Agreed, when the most joy you have all winter (speaking for myself) is seeing big model runs... It's still depressing tho

I am going to jump on the theory that something has changed with the gulf stream  or the magnetic poles have shifted.

I have still got clocked with snow the past few years (awful this year), but it is rather  odd how the  coastal storms seem to be 50-100 miles further east.

When I was younger, I constantly recall areas from Jim Thorpe, PA - Cortland, NY - Albany, NY etc just getting crushed with storms.

Hoping I see some flakes in the air tomorrow afternoon/night.

I am going to jump on the theory that something has changed with the gulf stream  or the magnetic poles have shifted.

I have still got clocked with snow the past few years (awful this year), but it is rather  odd how the  coastal storms seem to be 50-100 miles further east.

When I was younger, I constantly recall areas from Jim Thorpe, PA - Cortland, NY - Albany, NY etc just getting crushed with storms.

Hoping I see some flakes in the air tomorrow afternoon/night.

Agreed.. This is really the only year that we have been severely shafted. I would say 99% of us in here are above normal when it comes to snowfall the last 10-15 yrs. It just seems weird that the coast has been cashing in much more. Normally we anticipate that change to rain for the immediate coast but it isn't happening anymore leading me to believe the baroclinic zone has shifted east somewhat. 

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived