12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got out of an ITS meeting (Intelligent Transportation Systems), if your unfamiliar with ITS the simplest form of this is the electronic message signs you see along the highways.  My point is that one of the slides had to do with severe weather alerts and what effin' map comes up part of the slide?  One of the snow maps from last years blizzard miss up here...another kick in the gonads, I can't get away from it!  Someone has to pay!   

This winter was a kick in the nutz.

It will take an epic march with snow into early April for redemption.

I had a woodpecker wake me up at 615 this morning hammering away in a tree. Loud as a chainsaw.

***** cat of a winter.

Low 17.9 this morning.

High - 36.6

current temp - 33.4F

Got a fire going to just clear out wood for next season.

post-326-0-24582700-1456613277_thumb.jpg

I have a similar problem so I just let them fall. There is one (about 75 feet tall) leaning right toward the neighbors house but I can't get a permit to have it cut down and another that will take out the power line to the neighbor on the other side.

You need a permit to fall a tree over there?

Or is a proximity thing?

That's odd they won't allow you to remove a potential hazard, as far as everything I've ever known about property ordinances, that trees and other environments on your property are your responsibility, in other words, if that tree falls and damages neighbors property or God forbid injury occurs, and they can prove it was a potential hazard prior...your liable and could be sued.

We have to pay the town forester ($600) per tree for the permit but neighbors can contest them if they feel there will be any sort of negative effect on them.  That can be something as small as losing shade during the summer and that neighbor has no AC so losing that shade will have a significant negative effect on their lives.  Then after the permit is approved you can only use a licensed tree removal company therefore you will pay an exorbitant rate to have the work done.  The other problem is that neighbor will not allow any access to his property so the cost is nearly triple what it would be if the tree guy could use a cherry picker truck parked in that driveway.  One tree will cost over $6k!

We have to pay the town forester ($600) per tree for the permit but neighbors can contest them if they feel there will be any sort of negative effect on them.  That can be something as small as losing shade during the summer and that neighbor has no AC so losing that shade will have a significant negative effect on their lives.  Then after the permit is approved you can only use a licensed tree removal company therefore you will pay an exorbitant rate to have the work done.  The other problem is that neighbor will not allow any access to his property so the cost is nearly triple what it would be if the tree guy could use a cherry picker truck parked in that driveway.  One tree will cost over $6k!

Assumption is that if you burn wood in your area, they measure smoke out put from the chimney area and a pay a fee.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived