• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

Not sure what you want from me lol, I guess I deleted the picture.  You don't have to believe me, but I have no reason to lie.

Anyway, here's a mom with her cubs from a couple years ago.  This was pretty close to our house.  I think there was a fifth cub, but he was ahead of the rest.

attachicon.gifMom With Her Cubs.JPG

dude..show me the Alpha bear.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda doesn't feel like it wants to rain later does it?  Vis shot looks like it's being held south so I'm not believing Upton today.  Thoughts?

Until something changes, and eventually it will, I'm betting the under on any rainfall.  I did well in the first week in May with just over 2" but other than that there's been a long line of under performers going back to last year for MBY.    

Here is a big one that I was close to last June ,in butler , this thing was huge

2eutwll.jpg

When I viewed the photo first from my phone, I thought the bear looked strange.

Was it eating or hiding?

I see what looks to be a fence behind the bear. 

Expression on the bear's face is interesting.

Regards.

When I viewed the photo first from my phone, I thought the bear looked strange.

Was it eating or hiding?

I see what looks to be a fence behind the bear.

Expression on the bear's face is interesting.

Regards.

It was walking through a yard

Happy Memorial Day everyone. Got the BBQing and merrymaking out of the way yesterday, so I'm rooting for some decent storms later today. Anybody who got the shaft with this morning's rain (ie. everyone in the interior... imagine that) may be able to make up some lost ground tonight. 

I got a bit of rain last night, about .9" if I'm reading it right at Danbury which is the closest decent station to me.

My squash plants have been outside for two days, and the cucumber beetles have already made themselves at home. :(

Family of squirrels stole my entire strawberry plant. Like, not just the strawberries. The entire damn plant, roots and all.

Damn chipmunks ate my marigolds already.

The only thing that I can grow in a flower garden that no animal has eaten before is Shasta Daisy, that's it. My GF got me to try planting a few vegetables again so I have some tomato, cucumber, zuc, and pumpkin so we'll see how that goes this season. That garden is heavily fenced to keep the deer out, including about 8-10" into the ground to keep groundhogs out. I haven't figured out a way to keep the squirrels and chipmunks out of there so hopefully they stay away from there this year.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived