• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread #2

WxUSAF

Euro is less snow than the previous run for DC, south and east into southern MD. Nobody seems concerned since it's still a great run, but we lost a little of our margin of error. Obviously fine details can't be taken verbatim yet.

Mixing. There's a reason DCA never gets the truly huge totals in the biggies. They usually mix with sleet at the height. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is less snow than the previous run for DC, south and east into southern MD. Nobody seems concerned since it's still a great run, but we lost a little of our margin of error. Obviously fine details can't be taken verbatim yet.

The take away for me is that major storm is there for the entire area and as you said the details to be worked out later.

It's probably about not wanting to be the site that gets the euro more restricted. If it's "all over AccuWeather" why not just go over there to get them? And as Ian said - they are all over Twitter and social media regardless. 

AccuWeather is a pretty damn popular place, if their mods aren't shutting things down and it doesn't make WxBell go crazy, then what's the big deal?

Mixing. There's a reason DCA never gets the truly huge totals in the biggies. They usually mix with sleet at the height. [/quote

DCA was all snow dec 09. No mixing. I believe no mixing in February 2010 although there may have been a very brief mix of sleet. DCA has other problems.

Mixing. There's a reason DCA never gets the truly huge totals in the biggies. They usually mix with sleet at the height. 

Mixing is not quite on the level of sun angle concerns but it's not too far off. We have a number of events with limited or no mixing. I doubt we'd mix much or at all with a Euro type solution.

Archived