DCA 27"

BWI 35"

RIC 16"

PHL 24"

max 42" 30 miles n.w. IAD

wind gusts generally 45-55 mph

drifts could reach 12-15'

pushing 75 mph at the Delaware and s NJ coasts

frequent thundersnow, mixing mainly confined to se VA.

seasonal snowfall contest may be decided in one big wallop and it looks like there may be more to come, betcha some of the higher thickness events get scaled back as the models come to terms with snowpack.

I like this call!

I moved to Miami over the summer (  :cry: ) but all my family is still in the DC/Baltimore area. I had plane tickets to come home next Tuesday but yesterday I changed them to come home this Thursday. I did this specifically because (1) this storm and (2) the confidence everyone in here has about it!

Don't let me down!

TWC has named this storm "Jonas"...not sure how I feel about it.  CWG needs to name this soon before "Jonas" becomes too popular!

Snowdämmerung

I'm not even staying up for the Euro......just gonna get a good nights sleep and wait til morning to see the epic celebration when it shifts back.

I'm waiting for someone to say the para is similar or a little north. It's a good thing I'm playing basketball tonight. Could use a break from the model mayhem.

I'm not even staying up for the Euro......just gonna get a good nights sleep and wait til morning to see the epic celebration when it shifts back.

I don't think I've ever stayed up for a Euro run on a work night. You teach high school? I can't go in and teach with less than 5 hrs of sleep. 

I don't think I've ever stayed up for a Euro run on a work night. You teach high school? I can't go in and teach with less than 5 hrs of sleep. 

Hahaha yeah but I'll wake up and look at the phone and go back to sleep.  Yeah <5 hours is hand out a worksheet and hide behind your desk.  

I don't know how functional I will be by Sunday. This week will test my limits more than GB '13.

Luckily for me it's the last week of the semester, so we're just grading finals and what not.  But yeah if this pans out I'm going to need to rest up because I'll be skiing all weekend in Rock Creek Park.

First call:

IAD 35"

DCA 27"

BWI 35"

RIC 16"

PHL 24"

max 42" 30 miles n.w. IAD

wind gusts generally 45-55 mph

drifts could reach 12-15'

pushing 75 mph at the Delaware and s NJ coasts

frequent thundersnow, mixing mainly confined to se VA.

seasonal snowfall contest may be decided in one big wallop and it looks like there may be more to come, betcha some of the higher thickness events get scaled back as the models come to terms with snowpack.

I love you, but i think that is just a bit overdone. I am rooting like hell for you though.

Looked ahead to the storm obs thread....

mapgirl: OMFG. It's dumping outside. 14" already

sparky: I just brushed off 15" with the broom. It's dumping.

losetoa6: Meh. Only 20" with 1"/hr rates

You can book this, btw.

NICE!!! Just give me 12 inches with wind and the southerners can bask in their 2 feet.

Plenty of time left for this storm . One for the books.

I just got my flight changed to leave at 4:39 pm on Thursday, landing at just after midnight on Friday.

GET THE F*CK IN!!!!!!!!!! 

YYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

That'll leave you enough time to rent a car and drive down to Jackpotville, North Carolina. 

Hahaha yeah but I'll wake up and look at the phone and go back to sleep. Yeah <5 hours is hand out a worksheet and hide behind your desk.

This is the only time having a terrible sleeper for a kid is a plus. Middle of the night alarm clock for the euro results.

I just got my flight changed to leave at 4:39 pm on Thursday, landing at just after midnight on Friday.

YYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

Great news Mattie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

Nice, good for you. I hope it's in first class.

The MD game is over around 10, so Randy please hold the juicy questions until then.

Impressive win the other night. The transfer looks really good past several gsmes.