joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 22-23 East Coast Storm Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, this is the jump we've been waiting on. It'll be interesting to see the next run of the SREF.

I think we need to start looking at this with regards to how an ULL is usually handled by the NAM. It usually has it going all over the place and doesn't hone in until around 48 hours out or so. I'm still concerned the GFS hasn't really caved though it might begin to at 12z. The fact that NAM appears to be dropping though tells me I shouldn't be worried about the GFS. 

Better run, but still too warm for GA and the western NC mountains.

This run is a pretty big ice storm for prime cad areas from dawsonville/gainesville to clayton...especially any areas at or above 1500 feet. In fact, i fear it's a crippling one as it brings 2 or 3 inch liquid. Check out 925mb temps..sub freezing mostly during the entire storm over the northeast corner. Pretty bad stuff in those areas. Of course the million dollar question is does it continue to expand south from here. I don't think this is anything but rain for atlanta and athens but from dawson county/hall county northeast are certainly starting to be at risk.

Yup, this is the jump we've been waiting on. It'll be interesting to see the next run of the SREF.

The quicker that primary dies out, the faster the precip will rotate into our area and form the comma head on the coastal low.  That's our big snow maker.

It's initial snow, then a mix, then back to snow.  Step 3 is still hard to pinpoint until we know exactly when and where the secondary bombs out and the primary dies out.

Archived