• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 23/24 Major Coastal Storm Discussion

Zelocita Weather

Not liking the h5 setup as much, further south & the trough seems to be closer to a neutral tilt than negative @42

The key here is that the confluence is weaker again, and the trough is digging further because the ridge out West is stronger which is leading to a less progressive solution. That should allow for both a stronger system and one that is able to come North over time.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The key here is that the confluence is weaker again, and the trough is digging further because the ridge out West is stronger which is leading to a less progressive solution. That should allow for both a stronger system and one that is able to come North over time.

Granted, it's the NAM at its most extended range, but that sounds similar to the gradual tick north of the 12/19/09 storm.  Small, previously-underforecasted, late-to-the-party WC ridge saved the day for some of us.  Am I remembering it correctly?

Exactly it wasn't a whiff, but how we got there wasn't as planned either. We had that band of overrunning snow that sat right over the city and dumped 5" before the main precip shield. So we really only had 5" with the main show

The good news is this is a completely different scenario with much better model agreement going way back

We could easily bust high and watch Boston squirm and smoke cirrus

I heard Long Beach had about 15" from Juno. Definitely nothing I would complain about, although it wasn't 24"+ like what was predicted there.

This run is trouble for the greater nyc metro by hour 60 the precip shield already shifts so far east and hasn't even made it to ACY, not a good sign regardless or what the nam shows hours 66 and on

It does appear to be relaxed... I only wish that damn disturbance in Maine would kick out of there sooner. But she's definitely amped a bit more which could help later on

Isn't that basically in agreement with other models?

NYC gets absolutely bombed on the NAM.

Key thing to watch IMO is the progression of the overrunning snows... if they reach you by the time the thing stops coming north and pivots, you're in good shape (and may get buried)... 

Archived