joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 23/24 Major Coastal Storm Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now further don't agree with the jump east. This is because strengthening systems are westward tilted with height (higher height lows are further west, associated surface lows are further east), but when the storm is mature, it's closer to being more vertically stacked. Thus, the surface low should be much closer to the base of the H5 low than to the convection. 

Doug S 

This run doesn't stall, pulls low east way too quick for interior

It jumps the low bet 78 - 84 . Convective feedback .. possible . Will have to see if the other models do it .

The Euro did at 0z yesterday corrected at 12z . 

So general 8-12...looks like the big amounts are off the table

Don't bother with qpf at the moment and this is just 1 model run in a series of already good runs and more to come. A big storm is coming. It will have a lot of dynamics. Someone will get clobbered and there will be a sharp cutoff to the nw but hard to tell where exactly that will setup yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, might be feedback. Note the strengthening shortwave over the ocean at 84hr and heavy convection that force a redevelopment to the east and weakens the activity that makes it to the coast. The whole system is dragged east by that.

But isn't this what messed up last year's storm?

I agree, might be feedback. Note the strengthening shortwave over the ocean at 84hr and heavy convection that force a redevelopment to the east and weakens the activity that makes it to the coast. The whole system is dragged east by that.

Juno started doing exactly the same thing right at this range I believe and it came to fruition. Let's hope that this time the feedback is completely bogus and we do not get a Juno repeat at least in my area as well as many others in New Jersey.

Havent seen a single person make reference to the 250 mile due East jump of the slp between 78-84 hrs. If already mentioned, sorry, i missed it. Seems suspect to me that as the low is about to get captured it makes such a large center jump to an area of strong convection due East of the main slp. Possible? Anything is possible. Likely? Not imho with the main low in the process of getting captured. Seems like convective feedback to me affecting the track of the slp

People read way too much into every model run. The targeted zone has been outlined and the cutoff is likely NW of the city in terms of very heavy totals .

I think 8-12" is decent.

Really?  Name all the strong Miller As with no mixing issues that ended up with 10" in NYC. 

Archived