• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowpack Where you Live

TugHillMatt

I know some people like Josh and myself are interested in this sort of thing, and I'm often wondering about snow depths in other areas. Snow depth maps often aren't very accurate.

So...what is the snow depth in your area?

I still have about 2 to 3 inches of VERY dense snow/ice in my area. Looking forward to covering it up with a lot of snow this week.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's a fine idea.... I hope to be proudly posting in it in a couple weeks.   But right now....for our neck of the woods...it's a lol.

Where I grew up in PA they haven't had any snow yet either this year. One of the many reasons I moved far, far away! Hopefully you'll have some after this upcoming week. Did you check out the 12Z NAM for the clipper this upcoming week. Puts me over at over a foot of new snow and you at 3 to 4 inches!

mostly snow piles here. Couple spots in shaded areas still has snow.

Wow, that surprises me that you still have snow. My wife and I drove through the Detroit area on Monday and there was barely anything then. But then you guys have been getting a lot of hit or miss type snowfalls this year.

Wow, that surprises me that you still have snow. My wife and I drove through the Detroit area on Monday and there was barely anything then. But then you guys have been getting a lot of hit or miss type snowfalls this year.

I'm about 40 miles north of Detroit.

Around 5" on the ground here a few miles north of St Paul. Highs not make it above zero a few days coming up, and nothing out of the teens in the next week. Snowpack will compact some, but the glacier has staying power.

Good thread idea Blackrock

Thanks! Glad to hear that you guys are getting winter this year. Wasn't it last year you barely had any snow?

Zero. Sleet piles still exist on some roof crevices. 

lol...When driving from PA back to here on Monday, I noticed the first sleet piles to appear right around Howell...then it increased in Fowlerville...to Lansing, etc..

Thanks! Glad to hear that you guys are getting winter this year. Wasn't it last year you barely had any snow?

The last 2 weeks have been decent, but to say we're having a good winter would be a complete lie. We're over a foot below normal on snowfall. Last winter was my first winter in MN and it sucked! Haha

Going out now to shovel the hockey rink on the lake....now that it's almost below zero. Ugh...

Pic attached to original post

Archived