joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Storm III

Cold Rain

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks to be a Sunday/Monday storm. Some snow might start on Christmas, seems like most of the models don't do good with the onset of precip. It will probably come in earlier then expected.

Thanks. if it is as huge as it sounds like on the last Euro, I'll take it whenever. It would be just so special if it started on Christmas, though.

I wish the hell we were at 24 hours to go! The dream run now may not be the best thing. The good news is the amazing consistency. Obviously phase timing is essential and we must be careful to not engage in too much modelology and/or throwing out solutions just because we don't like them.

Carolinians.....sit down before you look at 126.....good grief.

Looks to be an inch of QPF for most spots in SC and NC, the further east you go the better.

132hrs the low is creeping up the coast near the VA/NC border. Still snowing decently in the NC piedmont and points north and east.

Half to ask since I don't have the in between, how far off the OBX are we talking, and any hint of a warm nose into the Coastal Plain? Or is the 850 line stack along the inner banks like the 0z run. :snowman:

it sounds like the Euro is south and east, but bombs rapidly. This sounds like a Georgia, upstate SC, and central NC special..............leaving central TN out of the heavier snows. How does it look for the southern apps, TN side?

Yea west of the apps and TN don't get much out of this. The winners are the coastal states for sure.

Archived