• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Storm III

Cold Rain

I posted this earlier from my BB cause they blocked this site at my work, but it got deleted or something.

Feel free to post here when the other thread is full. And expect some variations from the models. How many times have you ever seen a storm modeled definitively from 6 days out, never once waivering? Not many. I expect this afternoon's Euro to disappoint. But don't worry. It'll come back. I mean, when a storm is guaranteed, it's guaranteed. ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be around the 12Z Euro today except a few panels. I admit I'm extremely nervous about the timing of the phase. So far, its been looking good, in the knick of time really for here. If its off timing somewhat, theres going to be a much different actual weather on the ground scenario. Its almost a "all or nothing" deal for the western Carolinas on this one. I guess the GGEM is possible with its moderate snowstorm, which grows into a much bigger one just east into the central and eastern Piedmont. The Euro is running . Hopefully your good luck continues.

Let hope our needle head get bigger and bigger as we progress into this weekend...

I won't be around the 12Z Euro today except a few panels. I admit I'm extremely nervous about the timing of the phase. So far, its been looking good, in the knick of time really for here. If its off timing somewhat, theres going to be a much different actual weather on the ground scenario. Its almost a "all or nothing" deal for the western Carolinas on this one. I guess the GGEM is possible with its moderate snowstorm, which grows into a much bigger one just east into the central and eastern Piedmont. The Euro is running . Hopefully your good luck continues.

OK, I'll start- the 12Z Euro is to 6 hours.....(drum roll)

I'll say , in the perfect "create your own " scenario, I'd go for the Euro to keep the bowling ball looks with a fan of east to west snow as it goes across Ok and n. Texas then rotates into the Gulf Coast around LA. From there, a surface low is spawned and the northern stream is diving into western Tennessee, causing an explosion of moisture across the entire Deep South from Arkansa, eastward, and the snow line is sagging south rapidly. By Christmas morning, a 999 low is in southeast GA or the northern Florida panhandle and snow stretches from BHM ATL CAE GSP CLT to across the mtns into Tennessee. All this pivots cyclonically up the east coast, with everyone in deformation snow bands and 1-2" hour rates. Actually, its not far off from that . :snowman:

Greed is good!

(By the way, if this run goes to hell it will be entirely because YOU didn't give us the play by play!)

I'll say , in the perfect "create your own " scenario, I'd go for the Euro to keep the bowling ball looks with a fan of east to west snow as it goes across Ok and n. Texas then rotates into the Gulf Coast around LA. From there, a surface low is spawned and the northern stream is diving into western Tennessee, causing an explosion of moisture across the entire Deep South from Arkansa, eastward, and the snow line is sagging south rapidly. By Christmas morning, a 999 low is in southeast GA or the northern Florida panhandle and snow stretches from BHM ATL CAE GSP CLT to across the mtns into Tennessee. All this pivots cyclonically up the east coast, with everyone in deformation snow bands and 1-2" hour rates. Actually, its not far off from that . :snowman:

Since this is a new thread, it needs to start off right...so A strong reminder, keep it on topic and refrain from making one line posts that don't contribute to the discussion or that is relevant. Any of these will be deleted and repeat offenders will be given a timeout.

1012 surface low in central Texas at 78. Good inverted trough through eastern Kansas. It appears to be wanting to dive more southeast. I think this may be more supressed so far. The high pressure is nuding or damming ahead of it pretty good into Tenn. Valley.

At 84, a closed low near or north of Dallas, and precip east to TEnn. The Ridge is amplying in the northern Rockies so we'll see if it can help phase this to benefit us.

As Burger said at 90 its looking like it going to try hard to thread the needle A low is in the western Gulf now, the upper low still closed in northeast Texas but hte northern stream looks to almost totally supress it. We'll see. At 96 its opened up in n. Laousiana, and snow over TEnn, Miss, Arka.

Archived