joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Storm III

Cold Rain

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did not see it posted yet, but 12z UKMET has a 1005mb near Tampa Bay at 120hrs, and 980mb at 144 hrs that splits the bill with NC and Bermuda :yikes: per meteociel's site...

http://www.meteociel...=1021&archive=0

UKMET looks very similar to the Feb 12th storm.

As we await the 12z EURO to roll out, I could not help but notice just how many similarities there were with the 00z EURO run and Mar 2nd 1980.

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/gen_reanal-u.cgi?re=namer≤=500&va=hght&in=60&pl=cf&yy=1980&mm=03&dd=02&hh=00&overlay=no≤=&va=&in=&pl=ln&yy=&mm=&dd=&hh=

The euro and gfs are worlds apart

The 12z gfs for the same time period.

And through 72 hrs, both the UKMET and Canadian support the ECMWF, more so than the GFS. They do not show the level of interaction with the northern stream that the global does. The UKMET and Euro seem to be the most similar, with the GGEM splitting the difference with respect to H5 placement and interactions.

diggign northenr stream, looks like it will phase in the hair of time. 1008 low neear east of mobile. Wow looks like an explosion may devlop the next frames.

I am never good at predicting models, but based on the 102hr 500mb, it looks like a bomb might go off in the next couple of panels.

If this is the case, then we have continuity over the past 4 runs. Like I mentioned earlier, +/- a couple hours could be huge, and for a model to resolve that at this stage, is highly unlikely. Still swimming in the dead zone for another 48 hrs, but the confidence continuity and ens mean agreement bring is sig.

If this is the case, then we have continuity over the past 4 runs. Like I mentioned earlier, +/- a couple hours could be huge, and for a model to resolve that at this stage, is highly unlikely. Still swimming in the dead zone for another 48 hrs, but the confidence continuity and ens mean agreement bring is sig.

Totally agree. The euro being this consistent along with the others for this long is pretty significant and promising for sure.

Archived