• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2015-16 Winter Pattern Discussion

Looks like it matches to me. Each shade is in increments of 0.2, so yes, when you count the layers/shades, the darkest area is "only" -1.0C You are correct, CR.

Thanks! So I counted six contours on the map. 6 contours on the legend equals 1.5. I think what has happened is that he has labeled the shaded areas and not the boundaries. Not that it really makes much difference. Haha!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! Doesn't look as crazy as I thought it was gonna look, but still looks nice.. It also seems there will be multiple storm threats throughout the 45-day period.

Yeah it's much higher in areas further north in the CAD regions like RDU, GSO, etc. The main idea though isn't the actual amounts as the potential for multiple storm threats.

The numbers on his map don't look like they match up with the legend. The best I can tell on his map, the darkest area looks to be -1.0 C. But that particular color looks more associated with the -2.0 on the legend. I can run a level 2 diagnostic on my multiphasic spectral micrometer, but that will take a while. Can someone else validate for me?

Looks like it matches to me. Each shade is in increments of 0.2, so yes, when you count the layers/shades, the darkest area is "only" -1.0C You are correct, CR.

If we average -2F to -3F over next 3 months that will be really good, assuming you believe in his numbers.  A little surprising how warm he has southern cali.

Yeah it's much higher in areas further north in the CAD regions like RDU, GSO, etc. The main idea though isn't the actual amounts as the potential for multiple storm threats.

True.. And as far as I know, modeled snow totals are usually very inaccurate until they're within 36-72 hours, so we shouldn't get caught up in any now haha.

HM says it best for what we need to force this south, although I don't think he really cares if we get hit but I don't think he wants an Apps/OhV runner.  Need Greenland/HB ridging/block further south/east.  #westNAOplease

Today's 12z GFS shows us how a STJ wave has to be forced if EPO block breaks off more east, forcing 50/50 low&west based -NAO. Fun.

All these years of being blanked in that department and now we FINALLY again have the possibilty of seeing a -NAO...and now we need it to specifically be a WEST-BASED -NAO lmao. Even finally getting a -NAO still isn't good enough. Now we need an even more specific type of oscillation. :lmao: :lmao:

I love living in the SE!

LR Euro looks fantastic. Big PV coming down with energy rolling east. I think it holds on to the energy too long so not sure I buy the timing of the moisture but the overall setup is what we want.

Sent from my LG-H811

Yeah it's a little too warm but too far out to look at details, they're not too important at the 240 hour range. Main takeaway I see is a classic Miller A track with cold air in the center of the nation and HP trying to build in. The players are on the field, now we just need the right timing and track, as always.

Yeah it's a little too warm but too far out to look at details, they're not too important at the 240 hour range. Main takeaway I see is a classic Miller A track with cold air in the center of the nation and HP trying to build in. The players are on the field, now we just need the right timing and track, as always.

I'm more interested what would happen after. EPS should be fun.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Look at all this energy hour 234.. I'm not good with phasing and how that works, but would the 3 pieces setup here be possible for a triple phase?

Potentially but not sure it qualifies as an official triple phaser though. But the PV phasing with SS, PAC energy over ridge...lol.

Potentially but not sure it qualifies as an official triple phaser though. But the PV phasing with SS, PAC energy over ridge...lol.

Okay thanks! It doesn't look like they would meet up but I was wondering if it would classify if the 3 pieces of energy did meet up. Thanks for the help, I'm still learning how to interpret the 500mb vort maps and phasing interactions. One thing is for sure, long range models are advertising some extreme cold for the January 10-15th period. Euro has widespread -30F to -40F anomalies BN.

One good trend is the Euro builds more ridging over the Great Lakes compared with its prior run. We need to continue to see this trend, part of what warms us up is a LP that forms over the Great Lakes bringing light snow. This same low is pulling some warm air in front of it keeping the SE a little too warm. Get rid of this low and have a HP build in there instead and you'll have a classic Miller A with a good cold air source.

00z run from last night, stronger LP and less ridging. Good trend from 00z to 12z today.

ecmwf_mslpa_us_10.png

12z Euro, weaker LP in Great Lakes with strong ridging.

ecmwf_mslpa_us_10.png

Archived