Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015-16 Winter Pattern Discussion

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep reading that things look great for next week, but still don't see anything specific. One model might have the cold, and another might have the storms, but it doesn't sound like any of them have them both. And then the models themselves are flipping back and forth from having cold or not, or having storms or not. Hope we start seeing some runs of actual snow storms here as we go along this week.

6z GFS doesn't give of us much to celebrate at least on the op run.  Quick cold shot and then warming up end of run.  I know its the op run but at some point whatever it shows will become reality and right now there isn't even a fantasy snowstorm on this run. 

6z GFS doesn't give of us much to celebrate at least on the op run. Quick cold shot and then warming up end of run. I know its the op run but at some point whatever it shows will become reality and right now there isn't even a fantasy snowstorm on this run. [/quote

Lol it's very close next Tuesday /Wednesday not to mention the sick - NAO . The GEFS looks great . Can't live and die by op runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the chance for a few snow showers across NC today.  HRRR has some convective popcorn cells that develop later today that are associated with the backdoor front.  These should be interesting if you can get under on because I bet they will produce 5-10 minute bursts of moderate snowfall.  Hopefully some of you can see a few flakes to knock the edge off.  I also think we see a few flakes here in WNC today from Northwest Flow, but we will be dealing with different dynamics producing our flakes.  Good luck!

6z GFS doesn't give of us much to celebrate at least on the op run.  Quick cold shot and then warming up end of run.  I know its the op run but at some point whatever it shows will become reality and right now there isn't even a fantasy snowstorm on this run. 

I saw 3 storms moving along the Gulf and up the coast between the 11th and 17th or so on there. Any time a LP tracks to your south and east in winter, with major cold air looming off to the NW, you have a shot at something.

Pay the op runs little attention on exact details beyond day 5, pay them no attention on thinks like individual storms, warm ups, cool downs etc beyond day 9.

Archived