12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter 2015-16 Medium-Long Range Discussion

OHweather

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18Z GFS also hints at a probably slight risk of Severe Weather up here, with a MASSIVE Tornado Outbreak down south.

There is potential in a solution like the 18z GFS, I wouldn't go into exact details like this though. A lot of things can go wrong between now and then. I will say this though, the GFS issue of water loading the atmospheric column is pretty evident on the 18z run, which in turn leads to lower than expected instability and lower than expected high temperatures down south. It is however something worthy of monitoring as the potential is there.

I feel the same way. Great for our business but horrid for others. This winter is a great example on why I have never invested on snowfall removal equipment. Traditionally not counting the last 15 years it's just to wishy washy.

For many landscaping companies, it's a service they HAVE to offer. People sign up for lawn services and snow removal is bundled with the lawn service, if they didn't offer snow removal, they most likely wouldn't get the contract.

For many landscaping companies, it's a service they HAVE to offer. People sign up for lawn services and snow removal is bundled with the lawn service, if they didn't offer snow removal, they most likely wouldn't get the contract.

Anyone who does snow removal on the side (not as a primary job) will tell you it's worth it in the long run. This year we have already seen one snowstorm and have 4 months to go, nino or not. Of course in recent years even snow plow operators had had enough, though I'm sure they are over anxious now.

Pretty strong signal from the CIPS GEFS analogs for an active period in the two days prior to Christmas. Would be problematic with all of the traveling/last minute shopping going on for the 23rd and Christmas Eve.

https://twitter.com/CIPSAnalogs/status/676400360911581185

This is obviously a long ways out, but what the 12z GFS shows for the 23/24 time period is eye opening. This might be an interesting one to track as we get closer. 

This is obviously a long ways out, but what the 12z GFS shows for the 23/24 time period is eye opening. This might be an interesting one to track as we get closer.

Hard not to be concerned about the potential for crappy mid level lapse rates, but that minor detail (yes I'm being sarcastic) aside, this pattern is what you would want to see.

Question on PWAT measurements: How long have we been measuring this? I never heard anyone talk about PWAT 5 years ago, now people reference it all the time.

It is a calculation of the total moisture of a column of air, the origin goes back to the 1920s I believe. The only reason we are talking about it so extensively is because we are destroying records like this one from GRB over the weekend, care of splillo on twitter:

l0v4fhB.png

Archived