joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4th Annual Fall/Winter Thread for the Mountains/Foothills

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it is related to the low that is filling in/weakening as the new low forms off the coast.  It should mostly hit SW NC and drying as it descends out of the Balsams towards the NE.

I still think we'll barely break 12" for this storm. We're only 3" from that.

The radar will fill in they said, you'll get 20" they said, it'll be all snow they said, heavy snow all day they said.....6" later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All that's true but it is absolutely ripping out there right now

Need to keep an eye on the approaching upper level low.  The last several runs of the HRRR look quite confused with respect to the precipitation placement as the low comes along.  The forcing appears to be quite good and GSP mentions this in their afternoon discussion.  My thought is the aerial coverage of the snow with the low should be a bit more robust than the HRRR shows...and it is trying to latch onto that idea over the last few runs.  Whatever snow develops under the low will be decent.  Just some trends to watch while we wait out the lull in the current precip.

Also whatever falls will be in the from of snow.  

Need to keep an eye on the approaching upper level low.  The last several runs of the HRRR look quite confused with respect to the precipitation placement as the low comes along.  The forcing appears to be quite good and GSP mentions this in their afternoon discussion.  My thought is the aerial coverage of the snow with the low should be a bit more robust than the HRRR shows...and it is trying to latch onto that idea over the last few runs.  Whatever snow develops under the low will be decent.  Just some trends to watch while we wait out the lull in the current precip.

This storm kept going Asheville snow lovers' way... what a beautiful band setting up over NE Georgia.

zaCHGMt.png

Archived