joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4th Annual Fall/Winter Thread for the Mountains/Foothills

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted last night in the main thread about an area from higlands east to toxaway being the sweet spot and that seems to be happening. I fully expect to see 18" totals coming from that area.

Precip has stopped here for now, hopefully when it picks back up we can switch back to all snow instead of this rain snow mix.

NW mtns are getting screwed big time, heavy returns are not making it here and radar shows no sign of us getting heavy returns. Maybe 4" on the ground and glorified flurries for the last few hours. What a joke of a storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got at least 5.5 or 6...hit hard around 4 this morning.

NW mtns are getting screwed big time, heavy returns are not making it here and radar shows no sign of us getting heavy returns. Maybe 4" on the ground and glorified flurries for the last few hours. What a joke of a storm.

Just went out and measured. 4 inches. Very disappointing

7.75 inches. That last band put down .75 inches in a little more than 30 minutes. Just 2.25 away from double digits.

yep about the same here in west asheville.  in a little lull right now, hope the heavy snow picks back up 

should we get about the same amount that we've already recieved by tomorrow

Could someone explain why the heavy returns are not making into the northern mtns?? This is unreal

Time of the transfer. Big line slowing down and being aided with moisture off SC now....so when your rates do pick up they will be there for awhile. Also moisture is trying to develop behind the big line in GA may be skewing progression. I have high confidence of additional 6-12"+ for northern mountains at least.

Time of the transfer. Big line slowing down and being aided with moisture off SC now....so when your rates do pick up they will be there for awhile. Also moisture is trying to develop behind the big line in GA may be skewing progression. I have high confidence of additional 6-12"+ for northern mountains at least.

Well I hope you're right, I'll eat a shoe if we get to 16" which is the lowest projected total of any of the forecasts. Currently at 4" and flurries

A couple of things for the NW Mnt crew. It's a southern storm so some places may do better than you. When moisture does make it to you & it will. Your ratio is going to be much higher than places to the south. I haven't looked at data but the Boone obs is 19°. A good guess is around 15-1. So less moisture = more snow in your area.After this round, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 6" out of the flow event for you all. Relax guys your time is coming!

Archived