joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4th Annual Fall/Winter Thread for the Mountains/Foothills

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm gonna forever stay in this thread. Some people in the main threads have some crap attitudes towards us mountain folk. Anyways. I give up. Not sure what caused this massive snow hole to form, but it did. Bad luck. We'll see how the NW flow does then look ahead to next week.

Lol best to just shrug it off and not get into it with them. It's all relative.

Same here. Sun is popping out too. Maybe some flow snow tomorrow but that's really it for the northern mtns.

Fun to track though and glad it's good for a lot of the mountain and foothill folk.

HT was talking about a "pivot point" and some folks in the mountains getting in on that. Are you buying that?

So the hole that me and the guys from boone are under is not getting any better...why

SE wind is down-sloping wind for you.  It might not improve too much until tonight. (At my location, it cuts down by 1/2 the precip that falls compared to Lake T.)

There is a great website that talks all about the phenomena out on the Olympic Peninsula which is a good read..drops from 220" of rain per year to only 13" over a short distance to give you an idea on just how strong the effect can be:

http://www.olympicrainshadow.com/olympicrainshadowmap.html

looking at the future radar it looks like the deform zone comes right over wnc this evening into Sat. morning, what are your thoughts?

But it is related to the low that is filling in/weakening as the new low forms off the coast.  It should mostly hit SW NC and drying as it descends out of the Balsams towards the NE.

Archived