joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter 2015

Snowless in Carrollton

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's cool you're going after a degree. Why do you have to wait to start till after your CDCs? You can take CLEP courses on active duty. Btw...the CDCs aren't very hard.

That's what I heard, not sure if its 100% accurate though. Thanks for telling me about the CLEP classes. Any more good information I should know?

That's what I heard, not sure if its 100% accurate though. Thanks for telling me about the CLEP classes. Any more good information I should know?

Yes, now that your out of Waycross , never look back! And if you ever work for NWS office, pick one where they have 0 chance of snow, it will improve your forecasting!

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. A lot of things get forgotten until someone mentions it. Anyway, you'll likely go to a hub first. There are pros and cons to hub forecasting. One pro, you'll get up to speed on aviation fcst/ing quickly. A con...there are sometimes disagreements with the hub's fcsts and the opinions of it's customers (the seasoned squadron fcst/ers, etc.). 

Yes, now that your out of Waycross , never look back! And if you ever work for NWS office, pick one where they have 0 chance of snow, it will improve your forecasting!

Not necessarily. Even tho winter wx is one of the more challenging types of events to fcst/warn for, each office generally has their own specific GPRA goal demands. ie: SAN has aviation and elevated high wind / hydro events that can be very difficult to pin down at times. 

Not necessarily. Even tho winter wx is one of the more challenging types of events to fcst/warn for, each office generally has their own specific GPRA goal demands. ie: SAN has aviation and elevated high wind / hydro events that can be very difficult to pin down at times. 

You mean there's other types of forecasting beyond whether it will snow IMBY and/or whether I will get plain rain instead of severe storms?

Mark Richt is a great man and a good coach, but if Georgia is ever going to win a national championship they are going to need to find someone better. Richt is not the coach he used to be and I think he should do the right thing and resign after the season.

I feel the exact same way.

Thanks! We're going to like it... There was nothing at all wrong with our 2003 Accord... with just 89,500 miles... except, it was becoming more and more difficult for Lynne to get in and out of, given her disabilities that have come up in the last 3 years. The seat was too low, and she really couldn't 'sit' into it on transfer.... it was more a 'plop'. The new Malibu has adjustable seats for that. It will take us a few trips out to find the right settings... Right now, getting a new ride was all about Lynne's comfort needs if we're going to start making the day trips we've been talking about, but not doing. My comfort level is/was way down the list of priority needs. Lynne comes first... and the rest will fall into place.

We spent about 45 minutes in it today in the driveway... trying to learn some of the features... and ended up just talking and listening to music :)

Our daughter will be buying our Honda for the middle and youngest grandsons' future ride. Middle one joins the Navy in February, and youngest gets his license in 10 months. Turns into a win/win for everyone.

On my iPhone, whenever I go into a topic that I have previously viewed, sometimes it starts me at the last post that was posted when I last viewed the thread and sometimes it starts me at the top of the page. I can't come up with a reason for this. Anyone know why this is the case?

sometimes the URL in the browser's address bar can become set.  says something like "post#" in there.  if you remove that, it should fix.

now if that's not the problem, i always hated using iphone/phones to browse forums cause i always had to refresh and scroll the whole page again to see new posts :(

Haven't seen Sparkle on here lately. Maybe him and Shetley are having a rain party.  :beer:

I've been busy drying out after the last two Clemson games.  Of course I got sick the day after the ND game too.  Our 1/4" turned into 2.16" on Saturday.  13.05" since September 24.  Skies aren't going to be healed in time for winter at this rate.

I think the only grass left in Clemson is on the football field.  I just accidently hit my bookmark to the radar and looks like more rain coming tonight lol.

iqKkP5T.jpg

Archived