joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter 2015

Snowless in Carrollton

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To this point I'm not surprised that we haven't had any heavy rain.  When I got home from Athens yesterday the dewpoint was 61, by last night it was 54 with a stiff northeasterly wind driving in drier air, resulting in cooling.   In all of my years, those conditions have never yielded tropical downpours.  At this point in the day, 11PM, I would have figured we would have climbed well into the 60s by now with a more easterly tropical wind.  That hasn't happened, maybe it still will, but those 12+ inch totals were just obvious errors by the models.

Well, getting ready to hit the road and head to a mostly dry Clemson (0.31").  Can't believe people were complaining about Clemson not canceling the game.  I can already see the rain pivoting away from Spartanburg so it will probably put Clemson in rain for a little while.  Doubt it will be more than an inch or 2 though since the radar looks pathetic.  Never really believed we would have epic flooding here to begin with because modeled historic events never pan out here.  We will have a historic event when we aren't expecting it.

Well, getting ready to hit the road and head to a mostly dry Clemson (0.31").  Can't believe people were complaining about Clemson not canceling the game.  I can already see the rain pivoting away from Spartanburg so it will probably put Clemson in rain for a little while.  Doubt it will be more than an inch or 2 though since the radar looks pathetic.  Never really believed we would have epic flooding here to begin with because modeled historic events never pan out here.  We will have a historic event when we aren't expecting it.

As was the case west of Atlanta in 2009.

I for one never expected these ridiculous rainfall amounts, and I'm certainly glad it isn't happening yet.  There again, there is more rain to come, so until Monday gets here, I'll hold off on assuming its over.

Archived