joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

The current situation

14wdgzq.jpg

Good stuff 

Key is also how these 3 steering currents move over time.

I've read that for moderate-intense TC's, the most important steering currents are at 500-200 mb (, and this lowers as the TC weakens.

Mets please add to this.

Here are several CIMSS maps:

700-850:

post-3106-0-15861400-1443779408_thumb.gi

200-700:

post-3106-0-70547200-1443779390_thumb.gi

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To summarize some of the overnight guidance:

18z / 0z GEFS with ~50% SC-VA landfalls

0z CMC landfall in NC/VA 18z Sun
0z NAM landfall in SC 9z Sun
6z NAM landfall in NC 15z Sun
0z NAVGEM landfall in NC 18z Mon (only reason I add this is 18z was OTS)
0z HWRF, GFDL OTS
0z Euro shifted ~ 200 miles northwest similar to 0z GFS and into NHC cone

To summarize some of the overnight guidance:

18z / 0z GEFS with ~50% SC-VA landfalls

0z CMC landfall in NC/VA 18z Sun
0z NAM landfall in SC 9z Sun
6z NAM landfall in NC 15z Sun
0z NAVGEM landfall in NC 18z Mon (only reason I add this is 18z was OTS)
0z HWRF, GFDL OTS
0z Euro shifted ~ 200 miles northwest similar to 0z GFS and into NHC cone

To be honest, reading this seems to give the impression that a landfall is more likely than it actually is.

To be honest, reading this seems to give the impression that a landfall is more likely than it actually is.

Euro 0z, GFS 0z/6z, and hurricane models 0z seem to be converging on an OTS-yet-closer-than-prior-Euro-runs track similar to NHC cone, with Euro making a northwest shift towards that.

What is a little unnerving is the GEFS 0z/6z, CMC 0z, and NAM 0z/6z, and that those models reverted back to a landfall track overnight after showing more OTS solutions earlier yesterday.

Euro 0z, GFS 0z/6z, and hurricane models 0z seem to be converging on an OTS-yet-closer-than-prior-Euro-runs track similar to NHC cone, with Euro making a northwest shift towards that.

What is a little unnerving is the GEFS 0z/6z, CMC 0z, and NAM 0z/6z, and that those models reverted back to a landfall track overnight after showing more OTS solutions earlier yesterday.

Yeah that's fair... it just to me the main guidance is still OTS and not really close enough to have a huge effect except for swell and coast-line surf.

I just can't even consider the GGEM and NAM, when the EURO and GFS are OTS.

No it just shows that they are still making wild model swings and can't be really relied upon. Yes the euro shifted, but it has not been as nearly erratic as the rest of the globals.

No it just shows that they are still making wild model swings and can't be really relied upon. Yes the euro shifted, but it has not been as nearly erratic as the rest of the globals.

Yeah, and the ECM ensembles have been fairly rock steady.  If anything with each passing run the EPS has been losing ensemble members showing a land-fall.  Yesterday morning it was still around 10 out of 51, this morning its down to 0 out of 51 (though some come pretty close to Cape Cod).  But the whole left turn into NC/VA is completely gone.

Yeah that's fair... it just to me the main guidance is still OTS and not really close enough to have a huge effect except for swell and coast-line surf.

I just can't even consider the GGEM and NAM, when the EURO and GFS are OTS.

Agree EURO + GFS converging make NHC cone look very good right now. 

I'd say the most unnerving counter guidance was the GEFS with about 50% of members reverting to a landfall after it took that option away entirely earlier yesterday.

Agree EURO + GFS converging make NHC cone look very good right now. 

I'd say the most unnerving counter guidance was the GEFS with about 50% of members reverting to a landfall after it took that option away entirely earlier yesterday.

All that tells me is that American guidance is still making wild swings and has no idea what is going on.  

At this point I'd say hump the Euro and its Ensembles which have been by far the most steady the past 2-3 days.  

I think if it were the other way around, with the EURO and EPS continuously showing big hits, and the GEFS jumping around, we'd have tossed them immediately.  The only reason its being mentioned is because its one of the last vestiges showing something interesting.  And we know no one trusts the GGEM and NAM when they are on their own.

I love how you posted on fb saying CT hill towns are 5-10F cooler vs valley. Defying the laws of physics since 2003...

lol the hills in general of SNE seem to defy thermodynamics when there are leaves on the trees.

In the winter it often returns to normal lapse rates.

Sunny day in July is like 75F at 1,000ft and 85F at 200ft. But in January it's 25F at 1,000ft and 28F at 200ft.

I was thinking about this last night. this would be the perfect place to put Ray, Jay and Kevin and all the others who want to experience a cane. put them on an isolated Bahama Island in a old Army bunker for 3 days, perfect. Nobody dies, nobody's house,school,church is destroyed. Its just them versus nature. we should set up a go fund me account , we could throw EEK in there as a bonus .

Archived