• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
9/30-10/5 Joaquin-Trough Interaction-MODELS

Rjay

Its tough, you get a capture too soon, it goes into the SE, too late you get a EURO solution, JUST IN TIME, 00z GFS. This is probably one of, if not, the hardest type of system for a wx. model to handle. I'm not basing that on facts, just opinion. Anytime you're dealing with a forecast hindering on a phase job between an ULL & a TS, hold your breath

Almost a "the stars have to align" scenario. They very well may, for better or for worse. Lets see what the Euro does. Any tick west will have me worrisome.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happens if the euro comes west at all?? Very Scary

The Euro almost never makes huge swings in one run, it tends to move gradually when it has an incorrect solution.  We saw that with the blizzard this winter.  I think we need to see a 75-100 mile shift by the Euro as a whole to think its moving towards the other models.  Anything less is noise, anything more is very un Euro like.

The Euro almost never makes huge swings in one run, it tends to move gradually when it has an incorrect solution.  We saw that with the blizzard this winter.  I think we need to see a 75-100 mile shift by the Euro as a whole to think its moving towards the other models.  Anything less is noise, anything more is very un Euro like.

Agreed.

Any tick east, might as well start tracking the next one.

Any tick west, well, scary.

I think you are confusing yourself. The GFS has been WAYYYY SW over the last few runs. This last adjustment was WAYYY N & TOWARDS the EURO solution than any previous run. If anything I wouldn't be shocked to see the EURO adjust farther out to sea, unless that is what you meant.

Yeah I meant the gfs is moving towards the Euro and I feel it'll continue to do so.

Really embarrassing for the American models again if that's correct. It's a reverse Sandy situation impact wise and the Euro could win both times.

Archived