joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sept 24-Oct 1stish SE Sig Rain event

downeastnc

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, 2-3" was always reasonable and its what will happen. We should get another 0.5" or so tomorrow. I bet there is a couple of small pockets of 3-4" in central NC.

you know it has really surprised me here in Georgia, our house was one of those small pockets with 3.93" of rain since the event started, expecting a couple of more inches next week from that low being picked up by the upper low over Texas, I wonder who will be under the vector for most precip, pwat values seem pretty high next week GFS showing widespread 2+ inches PWAT, euro showing it vectoring not as much north.

Yep, 2-3" was always reasonable and its what will happen. We should get another 0.5" or so tomorrow. I bet there is a couple of small pockets of 3-4" in central NC.

I was wrong. I was thinking that there wouldn't be as much rain as officially forecast (never mind the modeled QPF), just looking at the radar. But the rain production efficienciey has been, well, efficient!

I was wrong. I was thinking that there wouldn't be as much rain as officially forecast (never mind the modeled QPF), just looking at the radar. But the rain production efficienciey has been, well, efficient!

That's how its been here most of the day, radar looks meh but we have had a very heavy rain with really small drops almost mist like but its coming down hard enough its running down the driveway and the gutters are gushing......add the 15-20 mph wind we have had all day and its been nasty out.

That's how its been here most of the day, radar looks meh but we have had a very heavy rain with really small drops almost mist like but its coming down hard enough its running down the driveway and the gutters are gushing......add the 15-20 mph wind we have had all day and its been nasty out.

you could see it coming down in sheets while driving up to the blue ridge. Not a fun drive....

But wait, this was gonna miss you!??? You said the other day???

This isn't even the same thing. I dont know what this is. Radar is your best friend on these days. Better to go by radar trends than models for today.

None of the models showed this. The tropical disturbance that the models had been developing is still near the Yucatan(Invest99L). That's what I was referring to.

Archived