joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A Summer September to remember

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pig ridge over the eastern US is very impressive for the next week or so.

Still looks like we may flip the pattern somewhat around mid-month and beyond. Much higher heights want to build into the PNA region.

It seems the "impressiveness" is all stacked into the mid levels.  

Odd ball circumstance with smaller features are teaming up to keep it cool relative to that appeal.  I've seen less ridges with uber heat waves... yet we're struggling to make 90 here. 

Odd ball circumstance with smaller features are teaming up to keep it cool relative to that appeal.  I've seen less ridges with uber heat waves... yet we're struggling to make 90 here. 

"Looks great at H5" summer edition.....

Yeah right now we have +20 850 temps over us...the warmest of the season...and we are not realizing the potential at the surface.

I think you really want to advect in the higher plumes or at least have them in place while the sun goes to work along with a good downslope wind. We may have that early next week, but otherwise tough to get stuff greater than 90-92 this time of year.

I think you really want to advect in the higher plumes or at least have them in place while the sun goes to work along with a good downslope wind. We may have that early next week, but otherwise tough to get stuff greater than 90-92 this time of year.

It is still very rare to see such a weak surface response to very warm 850 temps here. Even in early September.

I was tossing a few caution flags for you yesterday in the AFD. Pretty stark lack of flow in the boundary layer definitely looked to hurt our usual downslope torch spots, but as you say the advection was pretty meh. Warm H8 temps were basically already in place versus moving in.

It is still very rare to see such a weak surface response to very warm 850 temps here. Even in early September.

BOS is 88 so probably 90-91 I would guess? I think having that real good core slip off probably doesn't help..but I agree..you would have thought ORH would be warmer than 81 at 1pm. 

BOS is 88 so probably 90-91 I would guess? I think having that real good core slip off probably doesn't help..but I agree..you would have thought ORH would be warmer than 81 at 1pm. 

And I would have expected some solid 95s over the torch spots...not looking good to make that. This airmass didn't produce to our northwest either yesterday when ti came over the top. I saw a lot of muted highs in the 80s.

Yeah right now we have +20 850 temps over us...the warmest of the season...and we are not realizing the potential at the surface.

Not even close.. 

Seems almost poetic for a warm season that has found every other way imaginable to erode back heat potential - now it's just like ... breaking the law.  haha.

seriously though, it's interesting.  You get into these ruts like this, where it seems the "correction vectors" (indulge for a second) are pointed one way or the other.  Last Feb, it was snowing at least excuse imaginable -- that's an example an "always pick snow" pattern.  Here, this summer's been about always picking the under ... because whatever verifies has seemingly always been less than mid range synoptic appeals.  

interesting. 

Can't dispute any of this ... 

Still, as I was just commiserating to Will, there's a definite kind of "mystique" or tenor to the weather verification this summer that have fallen primarily less than any entering synopsis.   I mean, the record highs around SNE for September are still 101 or even as high as 103 F.   We're in uber ridging, yet like getting these weird BL caps where the temp bounces around 87 F under 590 f'um heights.. 

I just hope it parlays into autumn/winter before AGW cancels winters forever (haha).  Hey I'm not saying I'm disappointed, but that's odd. 

My guess is early next week has a better Tippy heat pattern moving in given the overall look. But for now, I wouldn't really go for uber record breaking heat..but that will certainly be lower 90s in the torch spots. Plenty of time to wait on claiming record heat.

:)  ... yeah, I saw that too -- but am/was a bit hesitant to mention because that whole "least excuse to b-bang a solid prediction effort" verification bias ...I'm not convinced won't like just invent yet another reason to f that vision up too. 

I'm still taking the 'not mentioning' route for now -

Archived