joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not gonna happen. That thing is stronger then Sandy. Which dot forget has an estimated recurrence rate of 500-700 years. It's just overdoing everything

Record keeping was not too good prior to say 1950 or so...these estimates about frequency are just that...very rough estimates...and I would take them with a grain of NaCl.

Record keeping was not too good prior to say 1950 or so...these estimates about frequency are just that...very rough estimates...and I would take them with a grain of NaCl.

I mean look at all the blizzards out over the Long Island the last 15 years or so...probably had more in that span than you had in the entire 1950 - 1995 period.  These things are very unpredictable. 

I agree, and when we include effects from AGW on blocking and WAR augmentation, the window shrinks even more. Several major events as far back as the 1600s.

http://www.hurricaneville.com/historic.html

I agree, and when we include effects from AGW on blocking and WAR augmentation, the window shrinks even more. Several major events as far back as the 1600s.

http://www.hurricaneville.com/historic.html

I mean obviously the world was a very different place back then...no radar, no satellite, very few observers, very few barometers & thermometers...huge tracts of land completely unmonitored...and almost all of the ocean unmonitored...save for what a sailing vessel might record...so I'm certain that many events that would be deemed "historic" today were never actually recorded subsequent to the founding of Jamestown & the Massachusetts Bay Colony circa 1620.

He even sells shirts about it too

I think I likely took the wrong career path...if this guy is making money off the weather...heck, I had more knowledge on the subject in utero...

I'm starting to have flashbacks of the monster blizzard that wasn't from this past season. Not to say the evolution of the potential storm is in anyway similar, only that the models went nuts with prolific totals a few days out before drastically reducing them.

Which is fine long as OCMD dryslots/is dry for most of Saturday and Saturday night.

Archived