joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Random but i need help. I'm getting into an argument with my coworker right now.

HVN (Tweed-New Haven) is reporting 10SM while OXC (Oxford-Waterbury) is reporting 1/4SM FG

What would be the most appropriate way to describe that fog in Oxford? It's 700ft MSL and the T-d spread is 4C during that report. I said radiation fog but my coworker is saying upslope.

Thank you!!

The NHC forecast has a weak TS at best. The official forecast calls for a decrease of shear in about 24-36 hours. And the system is expected to merge with a frontal boundary which as we all know can induce strengthening if the LLJ is positioned favorably.

Even if it survives the shear and if/when it merges with a frontal boundary, it's not going to be a purly tropical system.

That's all I'm say.

Even if it survives the shear and if/when it merges with a frontal boundary, it's not going to be a purly tropical system.

That's all I'm say.

Right, I made several posts earlier explaining potential impacts should the system make landfall near the area, most likely as an extra tropical entity. Extra tropical systems can be far more powerful and impactfull than fully tropical systems at our lattitude for the obvious reasons. 

Archived