joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturated grounds + winds, even if it's only say 45 mph will knock trees down. Plus the onshore flow for days will pile up the water and if a tropical system or hybrid comes anywhere near us, coastal flooding becomes a big issue.

Saturated grounds aren't even needed for trees being knocked down. Sandy wasn't as wet and trees were coming down everywhere. 

Saturated grounds + winds, even if it's only say 45 mph will knock trees down. Plus the onshore flow for days will pile up the water and if a tropical system or hybrid comes anywhere near us, coastal flooding becomes a big issue.

Agree. Pretty interesting set up and it breaks the boring stretch of weather. Unless you like 80's and blue sky's every single day

Trying to warn the family, their not taking it seriously. My sister said: "Let me look on CNN, if it's not there you are lying". Since when did CNN becomes a weather outlet. Lol.

I'd just tell them to "expect a good amount of rain that COULD causing flooding. There's also a chance a storm impacts the area with strong winds and even more rain". No need to freak anone out yet lol.

Why would the HWRF have such a strong system considering the wind shear forecast and 70 degree ocean temperatures north of Hatteras? Seems odd that a few models show similar, but not as strong results.

Not gonna happen. That thing is stronger then Sandy. Which dot forget has an estimated recurrence rate of 500-700 years. It's just overdoing everything

There's no cat 3 comming out of the deep tropics. Just a weak naked depression. Also there is allot less baroclynic fourcing this time to work with

Is a bad storm comming. Yes I think so. But more like a one in 10 then 500 year storm

Archived