joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Last Days Of Summer: September 2015 DISCUSSION/OBS

UnionWeatherWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still it looks much improved. I like seeing the cooler weather moving into the central part of the country.

The EPS are a little warmer, but still have cooler temps over the GL and upper MW. It almost looks like

the EC ridge wants to stay planted over those very warm SST's to the east. But the most impressive

heat should probably be September 1-10.

Any day 9-10 runs are a crapshoot. I'm sure the pattern will change eventually but models have a tendency to rush it.

As of now the warm and dry pattern looks likely to continue for the foreseeable future.

El Nino Septembers are known for being wet and wild. Eventually the pattern is going to change, and likely on a dime. I bet we go from deep Summer to deep Fall in one shot.

El Nino Septembers are known for being wet and wild. Eventually the pattern is going to change, and likely on a dime. I bet we go from deep Summer to deep Fall in one shot.

There's more to it then ENSO though but a strong trough near the lakes should help with rain chances later this month.

I'm thinking October is when we really see a wilder pattern start to show up; the Nino should continue its rise and really crank.

There's more to it then ENSO though but a strong trough near the lakes should help with rain chances later this month.

I'm thinking October is when we really see a wilder pattern start to show up; the Nino should continue its rise and really crank.

For the record I fully support warm weather into September and more importantly that Bermuda high staying strong so that we can hopefully keep our Tropical chances alive. Of course we need to have an actual tropical system to track first.

And the heat beat goes on...one more day but it will be back for Labor Day

2 things to watch the next 3 days

- tomorrow remaining more cloudy/cooler than projected (80 streak NYC/EWR/LGA)

- Sat looks like another marvelous days and the weekend streak continues

- Sunday being warmer than forecast (90's for warmer spots)

Looking ahead 90s possible Sun (9/6) - thu (9/10) for places, epsecially metro.  Transient cool down by 9/12 - how much at or below normal remains iffy.

JFK is up to 89 today as well already.

It's ridiculously hot on the south shore right now. The ocean basically doesn't exist right now. It's also insanely dry. We missed the June deluge and basically all the summer convection. The last big event missed to the west too. Though we did recieve around .75

It's ridiculously hot on the south shore right now. The ocean basically doesn't exist right now. It's also insanely dry. We missed the June deluge and basically all the summer convection. The last big event missed to the west too. Though we did recieve around .75

it's as brown as I've ever seen it here. Lot of leaf drop already.   Dry ground just adding to the higher temps as well. 

2 things to watch the next 3 days

- tomorrow remaining more cloudy/cooler than projected (80 streak NYC/EWR/LGA)

- Sat looks like another marvelous days and the weekend streak continues

- Sunday being warmer than forecast (90's for warmer spots)

Looking ahead 90s possible Sun (9/6) - thu (9/10) for places, epsecially metro. Transient cool down by 9/12 - how much at or below normal remains iffy.

May be only 1-2 90s at most if we get there except in the warmest places - then a cool down but run to run differences on how much normal or below normal lasts. If we do hit 90 next week, those may be the last ones finally.

May be only 1-2 90s at most if we get there except in the warmest places - then a cool down but run to run differences on how much normal or below normal lasts. If we do hit 90 next week, those may be the last ones finally.

by the end of next week we're close to mid Sept, so the 90 degree mark becomes rare.   However, given the modeled ridge, next week coupled with bone dry ground could see a fair amount of 90 degree readings.

by the end of next week we're close to mid Sept, so the 90 degree mark becomes rare.   However, given the modeled ridge, next week coupled with bone dry ground could see a fair amount of 90 degree readings.

We'll have to see how dry it remains - a stretch as long as the current heat wave isn't likely at this time though,

Archived